Silent Key

  • Jim Wieland
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2003
      I would like to pass on to you the passing of Ron Holkeboer, K8CXI
      as of this date 10-1-03.

      He has been residing at a Hospice Home for the last few weeks with terminal cancer.

      I'm sure there are many of his friends in the Holland area that knew him as he used to reside in that area.

      His home address is shown in the HARC Directory.

      Visitation at COOK FUNERAL HOME, Grandville, Mi., Thursday,
      2-4 PM, 7-9 PM, Funeral 10 AM Friday.

      Sincerely submitted

      James M. Wieland WA8CRV

    • Charles Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2007
        Thanks Drew for the following information;

        LeRoy , NJ8U,. was a good friend of mine for many years. He was not too active in the latter years, but was a regular check-in to the Apple Sauce Net on 28.700, evenings.I will visit Saturday and sign the book for the club. Anyone, elso, who knows LeRoy, please drop by or send his widow a card. The QTH is 17158 Ventura Dr. Holland, MI 49424.
        I am recommending that HARC make a donation of $ 25 to the American Diabetes Association. Any objections?

        I believe that we can do this amount without a formal vote. Lack of objections ,I am asking the treasurer to do this.

        LeRoy Mohn, age 73, of Holland died Tuesday, October 23, 2007, at his home.
        He was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and graduated from Central Missouri State University, and later received his master's degree from University of North Dakota. He was a forensic scientist for the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory and a member of the Amateur Radio Club and Apple Sauce Network. He is survived by his wife, Lilly; children: Chris Mohn of Charlotte, NC, Phil and Julie Mohn of Madison, IN, Sheryl Marie Mohn of Holland, Dianna and David Valentine of Germany; 3 grandchildren, Meagan, Aaron and Ethan. Services will be 6:00 p.m. Saturday, October 27, 2007, at Lakeshore Memorial Services, 11939 James Street, Holland. Visitation will be Saturday from 4-6 p.m. at Lakeshore Memorial Services. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Diabetes Association. An on-line registry book is available at www.lakeshorememorial .com for those who cannot attend the services.

        Chuck, W8GCW

        WE ARE ONE OF WEST MICHIGAN'S PIONEER WEDDING VIDEOGRAPHERS, IN BUSINESS SINCE 1992. WE ALSO SERVE CORPORATE, COMMERCIAL AND GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES WITH CUSTOM VIDEO PRODUCTION.

        VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT www.chuckrich.net

        Be sure to check out my Ham Radio Page. Licensed by the FCC since 1950

      • Charles Rich
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2008
          WE REGRET TO INFORM THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE PASSING OF ANOTHER OF OUR CLUB MEMBERS.

          Today Bill Macauley, KC8PMF passed away. He had been in poor health for some time. He was a regular afternoon coffee drinker at Donutville where many hams meet daily. Bill will certainly be missed.
          No other information is available at this time.