Re: [HARC] Field Day Idea

  • Ernie LLoyd
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Pete Hoffswell [via Yahoo] <petehoffswell@...>
      To: <k8daa@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 8:53 AM
      Subject: [HARC] Field Day Idea

      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > Over the weekend, traveling to and from a hamfest, my ham buddies and I
      had
      > a good idea:
      >
      > At this year's field day (June 23-24) we should host a Trunk Swap!
      >
      > Thoughts:
      >
      > - It would bring out all those lazy hams that arn't into Fiend Day, but
      ARE
      > into swaps.
      > - It would have more people show up to our Field Day
      > - HARC could sell pop and/or hot dogs for a PROFIT (yee haw!)
      > - On Saturday, June 23 only. Maybe 11AM to 3PM
      >
      > Needs:
      > - Swap Coordinator
      > - Chef
      > - Cashier
      >
      > Quick Task List:
      > - Organize Swap area
      > - Advertise
      > - Get food/drinks
      > - Cook
      > - Sell
      >

      > So - What does everyone think? Good idea?
      >
      > If we agree that we should do this, is there anyone that can step forward
      > to run this part of Field Day?
      >
      > THANKS, everybody!
      >

      > N9SSA - Pete Hoffswell
      > Holland, MI - EN62wt - 42.79N 86.15W
      > n9ssa@... http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa
      > QRP-L #2109

      > Sounds like a good idea - Ernie, W8EL.
    • john seidelman

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
          Pete,

          This Tailgate swap during Field Day sounds like a wonderful idea. Need to
          bring it up with Ernie - W8EL
          and get his ideas on it. I believe your right, it give people another
          reason not only to come out and operate
          and have a good time, but also an opputunity to clean out the shack. We'll
          discuss it at the next meeting
          as well and see if we can get some volunteers to comit to helping with the
          project.

          Thanks for your contributions. Its ideas like this, brain storming that
          encorages group participation, and gets
          people out to our events. Who know, maybe we can draw some hams from other
          clubs to bring stuff out
          as well, and contribute some AIR TIME to relieve some of the local operators
          as well...

          Sounds like fun.!
          73 - W8YRB
          Robert Underwood