Re: [HARC] Field Day Idea

  • Ernie LLoyd
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
      From: Pete Hoffswell [via Yahoo] <petehoffswell@...>
      To: <k8daa@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 8:53 AM
      Subject: [HARC] Field Day Idea

      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > Over the weekend, traveling to and from a hamfest, my ham buddies and I
      had
      > a good idea:
      >
      > At this year's field day (June 23-24) we should host a Trunk Swap!
      >
      > Thoughts:
      >
      > - It would bring out all those lazy hams that arn't into Fiend Day, but
      ARE

    • eheyboer@novagate.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
        >Hi from Florida,

        Yes, I think the trunk swap is a good idea for Field Day. the hot dog and pop
        sounds good too. I wish my nephew had not decided to get married that
        Saturday. Maybe I could get him to have the ceremonies at the Field Day site.
        HI! HI!

        If anyone gets the urge to get on HF, just contact Larry, KA8TEY, for the
        sched. We usually meet on the YL Sys. 14.332 around 1:30 pm. Any other time
        may work if the sun does not shine here. HI HI!

        Be sure to bring up the Field Day ideas at the April meeting. Oh yea! We need
        to do something about the print version of the RST for those who don't use a
        computer.

        73,

        Ed, KF8EV

        Hi everyone!

        > Over the weekend, traveling to and from a hamfest, my ham buddies and I had
        > a good idea:
        >
        > At this year's field day (June 23-24) we should host a Trunk Swap!
        >
        > Thoughts:
        >
        > - It would bring out all those lazy hams that arn't into Fiend Day, but ARE
        > into swaps.
        > - It would have more people show up to our Field Day
        > - HARC could sell pop and/or hot dogs for a PROFIT (yee haw!)
        > - On Saturday, June 23 only. Maybe 11AM to 3PM
        >
        > Needs:
        > - Swap Coordinator
        > - Chef
        > - Cashier
        >
        > Quick Task List:
        > - Organize Swap area
        > - Advertise
        > - Get food/drinks
        > - Cook
        > - Sell
        >

        > So - What does everyone think? Good idea?
        >
        > If we agree that we should do this, is there anyone that can step forward
        > to run this part of Field Day?
        >
        > THANKS, everybody!
        >

        > N9SSA - Pete Hoffswell
        > Holland, MI - EN62wt - 42.79N 86.15W
        > n9ssa@... http://www.qsl.net/n9ssa
        > QRP-L #2109

      • john seidelman

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 20, 2001
            Pete,

            This Tailgate swap during Field Day sounds like a wonderful idea. Need to
            bring it up with Ernie - W8EL
            and get his ideas on it. I believe your right, it give people another
            reason not only to come out and operate
            and have a good time, but also an opputunity to clean out the shack. We'll
            discuss it at the next meeting
            as well and see if we can get some volunteers to comit to helping with the
            project.

            Thanks for your contributions. Its ideas like this, brain storming that
            encorages group participation, and gets
            people out to our events. Who know, maybe we can draw some hams from other
            clubs to bring stuff out
            as well, and contribute some AIR TIME to relieve some of the local operators
            as well...

            Sounds like fun.!
            73 - W8YRB
            Robert Underwood