[HARC] MS-150 This Weekend

  • John Wehmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Could someone tell me what SAG stands for and approximately how many
      bicycles are involved in this weekends activities?

      John WB9JSR/8

      ---

    • Rick Elushik
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        Hi John and other interested parties,

        Sag as used in our nets can be taken in the literal sense.
        From American Heritage Dictionary, Sag means to sink, droop, lose vigor, firmness, or resilience. When the riders of the MS-150 start to "Sag" from the riding distance, hills, health issues, and weather, it is the duty of the SAG vehicle to help and sometimes transport these riders to the next Rest Stop so they can build their strength for the next leg of the ride.
        As far as the number of bikes on the route. I have no specific numbers, but would guess no less than 250 or more. I will attempt to get better numbers from the MS society.

        I hope this information is what you were looking for.

        73,
        Rick, N8GGO.

        John Wehmer <johnw@...> wrote:
        Could someone tell me what SAG stands for and approximately how many
        bicycles are involved in this weekends activities?

        John WB9JSR/8

        ---

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor