Re: Upgrades...

  • Antoine Deschênes
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
      Hi Eric and the group,

      Yes, the group is pretty quiet, but it's been usually that way since 2004-05 I think.

      Well, for the ROM upgrades, everything is ready, except I need to order the chips. The thing is, CEGEP(somewhat the equivalent of college in the US) just started and I have 8-10 hour school days, as well as not a lot of money. Since I'd rather get people to pay once I'm sure that the chips work, I need to pay for the parts first.

      Antoine

      2007/9/20, Eric Friedly <ejfriedly@...>:
      Hi, Antoine. The K5 group seems to be strangely quiet
      lately. Thought I'd check in under the radar to see if
      you had made any progress on the rom upgrades. I
      realize it could be a formidable undertaking. Eric.

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/

      --
      Antoine Deschênes
    • JJB
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2007
        Hi Antoine,

        Ok, remind me how much it is, and how you would like it sent. I think I
        was ordering 3:

        2 for K5 keyboards
        1 for a K5m

        - Thanks

        Joel
      • Antoine Deschênes
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 21, 2007
          Hi Joel,

          you wanted 3. It was about $6 CAD per chip, and shouldn't go over $6
          shipping from what I read on Canada Post's website. The price per chips
          might turn down knowing that I'll buy the flash ROM chips from an US
          source, and that $1 CAD = $1 USD since yesterday. The parts bill will be
          lower, so the price might go down a bit.

          Cheers,
          Antoine

          JJB a écrit :
          > Hi Antoine,
          >
          > Ok, remind me how much it is, and how you would like it sent. I think I
          > was ordering 3:
          >
          > 2 for K5 keyboards
          > 1 for a K5m
          >
          > - Thanks
          >
          > Joel

        • Antoine Deschênes
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 21, 2007
            Oh,

            and for the payment, it will work with PayPal.