Re: K5 ROM

  • Antoine DeschĂȘnes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi Ryan,

      the ROM I will send is version 1.3 for the K5, or version 1.2 for the K5m depending of which synth you have. You can see the version on the boot screen in the lower right corner if I remember correctly.

      I know that there are quite a few fixes between version 1.0 and 1.2 with MIDI sysex, but for 1.3, which was released after K5 stopped being produced, I don't know. We first heard about version 1.3 in 2004 from Kawai UK I think, and they have no details on what has been changed. What I can tell by comparing version 1.2 and 1.3 ROM files is that there ARE a few changes between both. I don't know what they are, but it's not just a renamed v1.2.

      On 4/1/07, r.p.b . <bassler@...> wrote:
      Hiya Antoine -

      Saw your K5 ROM post in the k5synth newsgroup.
      Can you provide some details about this ROM, pls?
      What version is it, what features does it have, and
      is there a way I can tell if I have it on my system already?

      Thanks very much for the info.

      best,
      Ryan

      --