Akai S900 and the K5

  • Jeff B
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
      A few days ago on the K5000 alias there was a message about the old K5 editor from Dr. T's being released to the public:

      http://tamw.atari-users.net/cage_art.htm

      (sorry, but I deleted the original message)

      Around the same time that this editor was available, Dr. T's also had a program which would take a sample from an Akai S900 sampler and perform a FFT on the sample and send the harmonics to a K5.  I don't remember the name of the program but does anyone know:

      1. The name of the program
      2. If it has been released to the public like the Caged Artists programs?

      I know about the K5 Wavemaker program by Leslie Stanford (http://www.kfuenf.org/KAWAI.K5/index.html) but I'm on the lookout for the one by Dr. T's.

      Thanks,

      Jeff

      Finding fabulous fares is fun.
    • Antoine Deschênes
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2007
        If you have a plain DOS machine with a MPU-401 or compatible and
        software that can save to Ensoniq SampleVision samples, like SoundForge
        or Cool Edit Pro, you can use Syntonyx Overtone to do the job.

        Jeff B a écrit :
        > A few days ago on the K5000 alias there was a message about the old K5
        > editor from Dr. T's being released to the public:
        >
        > http://tamw.atari-users.net/cage_art.htm
        >
        > (sorry, but I deleted the original message)
        >
        > Around the same time that this editor was available, Dr. T's also had
        > a program which would take a sample from an Akai S900 sampler and
        > perform a FFT on the sample and send the harmonics to a K5. I don't
        > remember the name of the program but does anyone know:
        >
        > 1. The name of the program
        > 2. If it has been released to the public like the Caged Artists programs?
        >

        > I know about the K5 Wavemaker program by Leslie Stanford
        > (http://www.kfuenf.org/KAWAI.K5/index.html) but I'm on the lookout for
        > the one by Dr. T's.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jeff
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • DERZOU
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 8, 2007

          Hi !

          Has someone the opportunity to send me by mail this tool called Syntonyx Overtone ?

          Thx

          David

          Jeff B a écrit :

          > A few days ago on the K5000 alias there was a message about the old K5
          > editor from Dr. T's being released to the public:
          >
          > http://tamw. atari-users. net/cage_ art.htm
          >
          > (sorry, but I deleted the original message)
          >
          > Around the same time that this editor was available, Dr. T's also had
          > a program which would take a sample from an Akai S900 sampler and
          > perform a FFT on the sample and send the harmonics to a K5. I don't
          > remember the name of the program but does anyone know:
          >
          > 1. The name of the program
          > 2. If it has been released to the public like the Caged Artists programs?
          >

          > I know about the K5 Wavemaker program by Leslie Stanford
          > (http://www.kfuenf. org/KAWAI. K5/index. html)
          but I'm on the lookout for
          > the one by Dr. T's.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Jeff
          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • Antoine Deschênes
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2007
            It's in the group's files section.

            Right there:

            If you have a serial port interface, you might be able
            to use it with DOSbox.

            --- DERZOU <abel_404@...> a écrit :

            > Hi !
            >
            > Has someone the opportunity to send me by mail this
            > tool called Syntonyx
            > Overtone ?
            >
            > Thx
            >
            > David

            Antoine Deschênes

            En finir avec le spam? Yahoo! Courriel vous offre la meilleure protection possible contre les messages non nollicités
            http://mail.yahoo.ca Yahoo! Courriel