Kawai K5 - Free for shipping

  • Harry Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hi there,

      I have a K5 that is not in fantastic shape, but does still work.

      It has a broken, (not just dim, but cracked) LCD display, some dead keys
      (that work if you really pound em, and I've tried cleaning em) and one
      broken key itself. I think it was originally in a school somewhere
      because it has little stickers on the keys to tell which note they are.

      I got it a few years back and the LCD display was broken then. I thought
      I would eventually replace the display and a broken key, clean out the
      contacts, and I'd be in great shape. I've sort of lost interest, abut I
      don't want to just throw it away.

      In the meantime, I've used is as a MIDI controller, because I've always
      like Kawai's keyboard feel. So it was simply a MIDI controller for me,
      mostly working with Reason and Cubase.

      Since then I have found a pretty darn good MIDI controller with real
      weighted keys, and I'm just getting tired of moving the K5 around all
      the time, I want to get rid of it. I don't feel right selling it, but
      for folks that know em, as this list does, it would be a find for
      someone. You can either try to fix it, or at least salvage it for parts.

      So it's in Boulder Colorado right now. If anyone wants it, and wants to
      pay for the shipping and some packing materials it's yours. If you live
      in the Denver area, even better.

      Drop me an email at hbrown@...

      Regards,

      Harry

      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      “If a man walks in dressed like a hick,
      and acting as if he owned the place, he's a spaceman.”
      - Robert A. Heinlein

      Harry Brown - Macintosh Geek
      Boulder, CO
      mailto:hbrown@...
    • alan_probandt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2005
        Hello,

        I'm certainly interested in the K5 offer. But the e-mail address is
        unworkable. Could you re-enter it?

        Thanks,
        Alan Probandt Portland Oregon
        alan_probandt@...