K3 additive wave different than K5?

  • didobrain2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2004
      The K3 has 33 waves plus a white noise generator. Wave number 32 is a
      user programable additive synth wave with 127 user assignable
      harmonics. I am looking for oppinions on how close the K3 is to
      getting a K3 additive sound?
      Didobrain
    • sealed
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2004
        You can use 32 harmonics out of 1-128th. The level of each 32 harmonics
        can be set to 1-32.
        The set of harmonics is computed into a static waveform. You can't modulate
        each harmonics unlike you can with K5.
        K3 is rather like an waveform-editable version of KORG DW-8000.

        Best,
        Sealed

        Deep Synthesis Page
        http://homepage.mac.com/synth_seal/html/

        > The K3 has 33 waves plus a white noise generator. Wave number 32 is
        > user programable additive synth wave with 127 user assignable
        > harmonics. I am looking for oppinions on how close the K3 is to
        > getting a K3 additive sound?
        > Didobrain
      • Cindy and Nathan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2004
          Thank you for the easy to understand answer.  Can you provide the same description for the K5 emulation of the Korg DW-8000?  Is the DW-8000 additive or fixed wavetable?
          Didobrain