Changing single patches within a multi from the sequencer

  • capezzani
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      Hello all,

      I've read from previous posts that there is a way to change the
      assignment of single patches within a multi, via the sequencer. I
      tried setting the PGM mode to single, and changing the patch number
      from the sequencer, no success. If PGM is set to multi, then the
      whole multi patch changes (actually losing any changes you had
      manually made to the multi :( )

      Has any one done this who could shed some light?
      Regards,
    • jbrave
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
        Hi Mariano,

        The way to do this is as follows:

        1. Set your program setting to Single,

        2. Edit a multi.

        3. Set your instruments to different midi channels.

        4. Press D (WINDOW 4)

        5. Set PGM to ON for each channel that you want to send patch changes to.

        6. Press A (WINDOW 1)

        7. Set MODE to MIDI or MIX for each channel you want to receive patch
        changes

        8. Press WRITE and save your Multi by answering YES with the Increment dial
        to both questions.

        Now you should have a Multi that will respond to patch changes internally
        instead of changing the Multi.

        Joel

        > I've read from previous posts that there is a way to change the
        > assignment of single patches within a multi, via the sequencer. I
        > tried setting the PGM mode to single, and changing the patch number
        > from the sequencer, no success. If PGM is set to multi, then the
        > whole multi patch changes (actually losing any changes you had
        > manually made to the multi :( )
        >
        > Has any one done this who could shed some light?
        > Regards,
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Mariano Capezzani
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2004
          Joel,

          Thanks for the info.
          However, I tried the steps, but had to make a couple of changes to
          make it work on my K5m. First, the PGM setting on the basic MIDI
          menu has to be in MULTI for the patch changes to work within a
          multipatch (if set to SINGLE then it doesn't seem to work). Second,
          there is a master PGM ON/OFF switch on the second MIDI menu, which
          also must be turned on.
          Now it works just fine.
          Bye!