Re: [k5synth] Audio demos?

  • Antoine DeschĂȘnes
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2012
      Electric Dreams there is made with with two K5s but I'm not really sure for all the other tracks.
      http://soundcloud.com/idtmusic

      As you said, there are a few youtube demos and the Keyboard magazine sales demo.

      Joel, our group owner, posted a few tracks years ago :
      http://soundcloud.com/jbrave/day-of-departure  (The melody from 0:15 until 5:30 is the K5. )
      http://soundcloud.com/jbrave/04-alien-one (Pads)
      And more K5 as well on his soundcould page.

      Here are the original messages :
      New track with lots of k5
      Sun Feb 6, 2011 4:40 pm
      Here is a new track I recorded Thursday night, inspired by recent events in
      Egypt.

      http://soundcloud.com/jbrave/day-of-departure

      Synths used: Waldorf MicrowaveII, MicroQ, Rack Attack, two Kawai K3, K3m, two
      Kawai k5, yamaha FS1r, TX816, Oberheim Matrix1000, Casio CZ-1, Cakewalk built-in
      arpeggiators as well as arpeggiators in Microwave II and MicroQ. Sounds of
      Egyptian revolution from Al Jazeera.

      The k5s are in multi mode with four voices set to similar patches and detuned,
      they are the "big" sound in the melody line.

      Joel
      http://soundcloud.com/jbrave

      track(s) featuring the K5
      Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm
      Here is a track of mine I recorded in 2001, featuring two K5's (panned hard left
      and right) and a soundfont of my old TR-606. This piece was made for a
      documentary on UFO's, "Out Of The Blue" which aired on the SciFi channel. It's
      perhaps a little long, and somewhat simple, but it worked for the cue, and shows
      off the richness possible with the K5 in multimode.

      Each K5 was running a variation of a patch called Alien 1, in multimode with 4
      detuned voices, for that orchestral sound you can only get from the K5.

      http://soundcloud.com/jbrave/04-alien-one

      Most of the other tracks in this set (Ancient Visitors) contain lots of K5, K3,
      and k5000s:

      http://www.soundcloud.com/jbrave

      Le 2012-11-24 18:31, Paul a écrit :
      Like I said before, I know that demo video and audio on the web are pretty scarce for the K5.  Thank you for the few audio examples on this group page.  That actually helped a lot! I have also listened to the old sales demo from 1987, as well as a few vague demos on Youtube.  There's really not much out there, compared to other synths.

      So, do any of you know of any audio or video examples on the web that really show off what the K5 can do?  Youtube? Soundcloud? Even music examples from a recording artist like Jan Hammer or Jean  Michele Jarre where you can specifically hear it in-action?

      Thank you for all of your help! This seems like a great community.  If I wind up getting a K5, I would love to help you support and show off this long lost synth!