Battery remove/reinstall = no change in "Multi" 1.2 bug

  • mskellam84
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
      Hello again all,

      Thank you for your help with my previous problem, the increment dial being shorted and causing power resets - fixed that with a simple removal, cleaning, and reinstallation along with re-securing the ground bolt to the chassis of the k5m.

      Now, I have another problem. Upon trying to clear the RAM out and get rid of the bug that prevents the k5m from entering single mode from the midi menu, I removed the battery, waited for a while, reinstalled it, and found the patches all gone (expected) and all reset back to "K5*Multi" in all slots. however, upon trying to change to single mode, the "multi" bug still seems to be in place, preventing me from entering single mode.

      Any thoughts?

      Thanks,
      -Matt
    • jammie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
        update the rom chip what version are you running
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
          Ok, so I can finally get into single mode to edit stuff - only problem is that all my patches are blank/defaulted back to nothing now (was aware of this happening upon battery removal)

          Question: can I get some assistance with utilizing antoine's librarian program or suggestions for another program to send the original patches back to my k5m? Already downloaded original files via Antoine's website, and have attempted patch transfer via librarian program, but am missing something...

          I have one of those cheap-o usb-to-midi (I/O) cables, but seems like it should work

          Thanks again to everyone!

          -Matt