...are they for real?

  • somethingkillingyou
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28 3:48 AM
      hey guys, found a "cheap" K5 on ebay... :D
      if anyone's interested... :D

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawai-K5-Vintage-Additiv-Digital-Synthesizer-Keyboard-/250876079064

      but, seriously, are they high or what?

      F.
    • Eric Friedly
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28 5:54 AM
        Yea, that's a bit steep. Although, these are getting harder to find. Glad I got mine for $40 ;}
        Sadly, the K5000's turning up on eBay all have yellowed keys :{

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28 12:26 PM
          Well I have never seen one for sale that looks as good as that one so, maybe if it is in perfect condition, might be worth more than your average k5 to a collector?

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Eric Friedly
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29 10:10 AM
            True. Prepal has used K5's estimated at $157 which may be low for a mint unit. I remember when I was searching for one, a place called Chicago Pianos had a mint one and they wanted $350. My K5 did need some repair (blown opamp & backlight) so it's all relative.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29 3:23 PM
              of course a mint unit may be worth more... but if a decent unit is around 100 (be it $ or €, the difference is low), how can a mint unit be worth 7 times more? non-sense to me...

              F.

              --- In k5synth@yahoogroups.com, Eric Friedly <ejfriedly@...> wrote:

              > True. Prepal has used K5's estimated at $157 which may be low for a mint unit. I remember when I was searching for one, a place called Chicago Pianos had a mint one and they wanted $350. My K5 did need some repair (blown opamp & backlight) so it's all relative.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • somethingkillingyou
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 29 3:27 PM
                corrections:

                -it's actually 8 times more
                -the unit for sale is NOT mint, if you take a closer look to the (poor) picture provided...

                --- In k5synth@yahoogroups.com, "somethingkillingyou" <somethingkillingyou@...> wrote:

                > of course a mint unit may be worth more... but if a decent unit is around 100 (be it $ or €, the difference is low), how can a mint unit be worth 7 times more? non-sense to me...
                >
                > F.
                >
                > --- In k5synth@yahoogroups.com, Eric Friedly <ejfriedly@> wrote:
                > >
                > > True. Prepal has used K5's estimated at $157 which may be low for a mint unit. I remember when I was searching for one, a place called Chicago Pianos had a mint one and they wanted $350. My K5 did need some repair (blown opamp & backlight) so it's all relative.
                > >

                > > ________________________________

              • WT
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 29 3:30 PM
                  TBS has always been high priced.

                  They are a shop/reseller so higher prices than on the second hand market is
                  expected.

                  Though, eight times higher......hmmm.

                  WT

                  -the unit for sale is NOT mint, if you take a closer look to the (poor)
                  picture provided...

                  --- In k5synth@yahoogroups.com, "somethingkillingyou"
                  <somethingkillingyou@...> wrote:

                  > of course a mint unit may be worth more... but if a decent unit is around
                  > 100 (be it $ or ?, the difference is low), how can a mint unit be worth 7
                  > times more? non-sense to me...
                  >
                  > F.
                  >
                  > --- In k5synth@yahoogroups.com, Eric Friedly <ejfriedly@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > True. Prepal has used K5's estimated at $157 which may be low for a mint
                  > > unit. I remember when I was searching for one, a place called Chicago
                  > > Pianos had a mint one and they wanted $350. My K5 did need some repair
                  > > (blown opamp & backlight) so it's all relative.
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________

                • Eric Friedly
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 29 4:11 PM
                    Sometimes people are willing to pay more for a less then perfect kb if it's rare.

                    of course a mint unit may be worth more... but if a decent unit is around 100 (be it $ or €, the difference is low), how can a mint unit be worth 7 times more? non-sense to me...

                    F.

                    --- In k5synth@yahoogroups.com, Eric Friedly <ejfriedly@...> wrote:

                    > True. Prepal has used K5's estimated at $157 which may be low for a mint unit. I remember when I was searching for one, a place called Chicago Pianos had a mint one and they wanted $350. My K5 did need some repair (blown opamp & backlight) so it's all relative.

                  • somethingkillingyou
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 30 2:21 AM
                      it's not THAT rare... K3 are much rarer, at least in this part of the world (europe)