how sweet it is

  • Herb Krumich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 5:58 PM
      I just received my Vibroplex keyer back from being rebuilt down south by the company.
      I hooked it up to my Omni 6 and did some CW on 20 meters. This key is music to my ears.
      About ten years ago I stopped using it due to contact erosion. Now I understand why this key costs so much on today's market.
      It was nice of Vibroplex to send me some literature from when the key was made. It turns out they only made a beige base for a very short period of time. The key was built in 1972 in New York City. They moved to New Hampshire years later and then the company was bought and moved south to Mobile, Alabama. That is their present location.
      The best part is Betsy who was my contact person, gave me a 50 year written warrantee. I wonder if Betsy realizes I am only 60 years old and will probably use the warrantee.
      One last item. The key in 1972 sold for $15.95. Cost me $87.00 to repair. Ouch
      DX to All
      Herb K2LNS