UDR56K-4 Radio pre-ordering open

  • Jeremy
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
      I've been following this UDR56K-4 Radio since it was introduced at Dayton last year. I also wrote an article about it in the newsletter. While it was promised for late last year, it is now expected to ship late this year. Today they offered it up for pre-sale. I ordered a pair of them for digital comms, including Winlink or D-star (DV and DD) on the 70 cm band.

      The priced at 355.50 for one, but I am guessing this will rise as they are running into cost over runs and the real inflation is there so if you want one at their pre-order prices, you had better order one soon.

      Some background, and ordering information is available on their blog: http://nwdigitalradio.com/

      73
      Jeremy N1ZZZ

      N1ZZZ
    • Mike Navin
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013
        Let me know how they work, sounds like an interesting radio. Do you
        have a picture of one?

        Between you and me, is the APRS DIGI working any better? The original
        radio is back in.

        73's mike

        --
        TNX

        Mike

        Sent from My DROID Bionic
      • Jeremy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2013
          Hi Mike,

          Not sure about the digipeater yet.

          Here is some info on the radio. I haven't seen a photo of the production unit.

          http://nwdigitalradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/UDR56K-42.pdf

          73
          Jeremy N1ZZZ