Murgas Towers

  • Herb Krumich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
      This afternoon I was having a very nice QSO with KB3VQL in Scranton on 146.520. When I mentioned the Murgas Club, he filled me in on some information that was asked for at our last meeting.
      He told me as a kid he had lived close to where the Scranton Tower was to complete the two way contact from Wilkes Barre. ( he never personally saw the towers )
      It was in the 900 Block of Alder Street. Near Crown and Stafford. He mentioned the towers were up for only a short time due to a storm
      I asked if there was a church in the area, which there wasn't.  The reason why the towers were placed there, was it was on top of a hill with a clearing towards Wilkes-Barre.
      Further information can be gotten at the Lackawanna Historical Society, which is located at the Catlin House at the University of Scranton.
      73's
      Herb K2LNS
    • rikoski@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2012
        Herb,

        Thanks. I'll make a run to the historical society when I get a chance. It'l be worth a trip.

        Rick W9ZD
[...]

        Richard A. Rikoski
        rikoski@...