AUDIO interference problem

  • BobKB3VS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011

      This question is NOT really ham related but ANY advice would be welcomed. Near my home there is a 5 HP compressor which runs 24/7. It is housed in a 6 x 6 foot shed with minimal sound insulation. Noise level at a 1 foot distance is 92 DB.  The compressor noise band is about 110 to 300 Hz. It is not feasable to add insulation inside the shed but we have thought about building a barrier wall 1 foot or so from the shed. I would like to reduce the noise level to about 55 DB so that I may have some peace and quiet here at the lake. ANY ADVICE ??

                                                 Thanks,                      Bob KB3VS       Bobkb3vs@...