de KA2UGZ 9-11 Special Event Station N1Y Please distribute!

  • JAY WHITE
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2010

      To all Clubs from STARC Secretary KA2UGZ:

      Please help us publicize our Special Event Station “N1Y” on Saturday 9-11 by forwarding this message to your members, posting it in your newsletters or sending it to any amateur.

      We will be operating from an altitude of 1450 feet near the Cannonsville Reservoir in Delaware County NY on HF, 6m, 2m, 70cm and on DSTAR reflector REF010 C.

      The exchange will be <call sign>, <RST>, <QTH> and we will confirm contacts with <call sign>, <RST> and read a name from the list of those that were lost on that tragic day.

      Thanks for your help and I hope to hear you on the air.

      73 – KA2UGZ Jay

      Holtsville NY - For immediate release

      Symbol Technologies Amateur Radio Club will sponsor a special event
      station honoring those who lost their lives during the horrific
      terrorist attacks on US soil of 9/11/2001.

      Club station W2SBL will multi-operate as N1Y on Saturday 11 September
      15:00 UTC through 15:00 UTC Sunday 12 September from grid FN22 in
      Delaware County NY .  Look for us on HF SSB/CW/PSK31/SSTV, 70cm/2m/6m
      SSB.

      DSTAR users can check in with N1Y on REF010 C starting at 19:00 UTC.

      100% QSL - SASE or thru bureau via W2SBL.