Latest DX News
- Here is the latest DX News provided by the ARRL....
To all radio amateurs
SB DX ARL ARLD013
ARLD013 DX news
This week's bulletin was made possible with information provided by
NC1L, The Daily DX, QRZ DX, the OPDX Bulletin, DXNL, Contest Corral
from QST and the ARRL Contest Calendar and WA7BNM web sites. Thanks
MAURITIUS, 3B8. Mart, DL6UAA will be QRV as 3B8MM beginning April
4. He is here for about four weeks. Activity will be on 160 to 10
meters using mostly CW. QSL to home call.
KUWAIT, 9K. Some members of the Kuwait AR Society are QRV as 9K2F
from Failaka Island, IOTA AS-118, until April 5. QSL via 9K2RA.
QATAR, A7. Special event station A71RCAR will be QRV from Doha
during the ''2010 Regional Conference on Amateur Radio'' from April 4
to 6. QSL via bureau.
ANDORRA, C3. In celebration of the Andorra Society's 30th
anniversary, hams here may use special prefixes C35 and C36
throughout the month of April.
REUNION, FR. Ced, F4EGZ is QRV as FR/home call and is active until
April 19. Activity is on 20 to 6 meters. QSL to home call.
THAILAND, HS. Champ, E21EIC will be QRV as E21EIC/8 from southern
Thailand from April 4 to 8. Japanese stations QSL via JR5XPG and
all others via E21EIC.
ITALY, I. Special event station II0SPQR is QRV during the month of
April in celebration of the 2763rd anniversary of the city of Rome.
QSL via IK0QNZ.
OGASAWARA, JD1. A group of operators are QRV as JD1BNJ, JD1BNK,
JD1BNM, JD1BNN and JD1BNQ until April 12. Activity is on 160 to 10
meters. QSL via operators' instructions.
LUXEMBOURG, LX. A large group of operators will be QRV as LX9FC
from April 5 to 11. Activity will be on 80 to 10 meters using CW,
SSB, RTTY and PSK. QSL via ON4CJK.
DENMARK, OZ. Ben, DO1BEN and Barbara, DO1IQ are QRV as OZ/home
calls from Lolland Island, IOTA EU-029, until April 9. Activity is
on all HF bands using SSB, RTTY and PSK31. QSL to home calls.
NETHERLANDS, PA. Special event station PB88XYL will be QRV from
April 3 to 30 by members of the ''Women On The Air'' club. QSL via
BELIZE, V3. Dave, N4QS is QRV as V31QS from Placencia until April
11. Activity is on 80 to 10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL to
FALKLAND ISLANDS, VP8. Ian, M0PCB is QRV as VP8FIR and VP8RAF until
April 7 from the RAF Amateur Radio Club Station at Mount Pleasant
Airport. Lately, he has been active on 15 meters using CW. QSL
this operation via M0PCB.
THIS WEEKEND ON THE RADIO. The SARL 80-Meter SSB QSO Party, NCCC
Sprint, LZ Open 40-Meter CW Sprint Contest, ARCI Spring CW QSO
Party, SP DX Contest, EA RTTY Contest, Missouri QSO Party and the
RSGB RoPoCo CW 1 are all on tap for this weekend. The Low Power
Spring CW Sprint and RSGB 80-Meter Club CW Championship are both
scheduled for April 5. The ARS Spartan CW Sprint is scheduled for
April 6. The ARLHS Annual Spring Lites QSO Party runs until April
11. Please see April QST, page 84, and the ARRL and WA7BNM contest
web sites for details.
- Here is the latest DX News provided by the ARRL....George K3ZKTo all radio amateursSB DX ARL ARLD024ARLD024 DX newsThis week's bulletin was made possible with information provided by QRZ DX, the OPDX Bulletin, 425 DX News, The Daily DX, DXNL, Contest Corral from QST and the ARRL Contest Calendar and WA7BNM web sites. Thanks to all.TIMOR-LESTE, 4W. Operators Hide, JI1AVY and Seihachi, JA7LU will be QRV as 4W/JI1AVY and 4W/JA7LU, respectively, from June 24 to 30. Activity will be on 160 to 6 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL to home calls.MALTA, 9H. Zsolt, HA8PX is QRV as 9H3PX from Mellieha, IOTA EU-023, until June 27. Activity is holiday style on the HF bands. QSL direct to home call.BAHAMAS, C6. Pete, VE3IKV plans to be QRV as C6AUX from Mayaguana Island, IOTA NA-113, from June 22 to July 6. Activity may be on the HF bands with an emphasis on 6 meters using CW and SSB. QSL direct to home call.CHILE, CE. Special event station XR44COPA is QRV until July 4 during the 44th Copa America, the major football/soccer tournament for South American teams. QSL via operators' instructions.SOUTH COOK ISLANDS, E5. Milan, OK1DWC is QRV as E51DWC fromRarotonga Island, IOTA OC-013, for the next few weeks. Activity is holiday style on 160 to 10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL to home call.LIECHTENSTEIN, HB0. Members of the radio club OO6P plan to be QRV as HB0/OO6P from Triesen from June 21 to 26. Activity will be on 160 to 6 meters using SSB, RTTY and PSK. QSL via ON6ZV.COLOMBIA, HK. Lothar, DK8LRF will be QRV as HK3JCL from June 20 to October 20. Activity will be mainly on 20 meters using SSB, with some occasional PACTOR and PSK. QSL to home call.REPUBLIC OF KOREA, HL. A group of operators are QRV as 6M6M from the Gyeonggi Province until July 31. Activity is on 6 meters using CW, SSB, FM and digital modes. QSL via HL2UVH.NETHERLANDS, PA. Special event station PA50DRAA is QRV until July 14 to draw attention to the decades-long development of the national park Drentsche Aa. QSL via bureau.POLAND, SP. Members of club station SP3PJW are QRV as HF0TYTUS until June 25, especially for the ARRL Kid's Day SSB contest. QSL via bureau.GREECE, SV. Members of the Thessaloniki Amateur Radio Group will be QRV as J42OSE from Thessaloniki from the railway museum on June 20 and 21. Activity will be on the HF and VHF bands using CW, SSB, SSTV and various digital modes. QSL via bureau.PALAU, T8. Ryosei, JH0IXE is QRV as T8CW from the VIP Guest Hotel until June 22. QSL via JA0FOX.CENTRAL KIRIBATI, T31. Lee, KA3WRB, is QRV as T31LP from Nikumaroro Island, IOTA OC-043, until around June 26 as part of TheInternational Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery in search of Amelia Earhardt's presence. Activity is in his spare time on the HF bands. Of late he has been active on 20 meters using SSB. QSL via operator's instructions.MARSHALL ISLANDS, V7. Bob, VK2RG will be QRV as V73RG from Majuro beginning June 22. Activity will be on the HF bands using JT65 and WSPR, and possibly PSK and some SSB. QSL via operator'sinstructions.CAMBODIA, XU. Jarrad, VK3HXT is QRV as XU7AGA from Koh Rong, IOTA AS-133. Activity is on 20, 17 and 15 meters using SSB and PSK31. His length of stay is unknown. QSL to home call.LAOS, XW. Champ, E21EIC is QRV as XW1IC until June 22. Thisincludes being an entry in the All Asian DX CW Contest in the Single Op/All Band category. QSL to home call.INDONESIA, YB. Operators YB4IR, YB9WZJ, YB9WAN and YB9RWY are QRV as YB4IR/9, YB9WZJ/p, YB9WAN/p and YB9RWY/p, respectively, from Ram Island, IOTA OC-239, until June 22. QSL to home calls.THIS WEEKEND ON THE RADIO. The ARRL Kid's Day SSB Contest, NCCC RTTY Sprint, International Museums Weekend, NCCC Sprint CW Ladder, All Asian DX CW Contest, SMIRK 6-Meter Contest, Ukrainian DX Classic RTTY Contest, AGCW VHF/UHF CW Contest, IARU Region 1 50 MHz Contest, Stew Perry Topband CW Challenge, West Virginia QSO Party, Feld Hell Sprint and the WAB 50 MHz Phone are all on tap for this upcoming weekend.The Run for the Bacon QRP CW Contest is scheduled for June 22. The CWops Mini-CWT CW Test and SKCC CW Sprint are scheduled for June 24. Please see June QST, page 86 and the ARRL and WA7BNM contest web sites for details.NNNN