FW: Volunteers needed for Tioga County Event

  • Rick Rinehimer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007
      Subject: Volunteers needed for Tioga County Event

      To All,
      My name is Dave Moore-KB3IEC, I am helping with radio operator
      recruitment for the Susquehannock Trails Performance Rally (STPR --
      www.stpr.org) in Wellsboro, PA.

      STPR is a race against the clock that takes about 14 hours to complete
      with competitors covering a total of 310 miles, including 125
      competitive miles in 10 stages. Rally teams travel through two counties
      on generally smooth and twisty Pennsylvania State Forest roads, in cars
      that range from all-out race cars to highly modified street cars.

      Base, portable, mobile, APRS, and packet operators are needed! Work
      indoors or outdoors! We invite you to bring your special skills and
      become one of the 400 plus volunteers, including 50+ hams, that enjoy
      the sport, the competition, and the camaraderie of participation. All
      volunteers are invited to the Friday evening welcome party and
      After-event party, and the awards presentation; and receive a souvenir
      collector pin, lunch voucher and event bumper sticker -and the best
      seat in the house to watch! Pre-registered volunteers will also receive
      an event t-shirt:
      http://www.stpr.org/cgi-bin/Form_processor/Forms/volunteers_radio.cgi

      Along those lines, I would like to send an invitational/recruitment
      message to you for inclusion on your website or for transmission via
      your email listserve. This year, we appear to be incurring a shortage
      of radio operators, we assume due to increased fuel costs. Accordingly,
      we are expanding our efforts to inform a wider set of hams about this
      exciting opportunity.

      Thank you for your consideration of these issues!

      Dave Moore - KB3IEC, Tioga County(PA) Amateur
      ---------------END

      ARRL Eastern Pennsylvania Section
      Section Manager: Eric D. Olena, WB3FPL
      wb3fpl@...
      This message is being sent to you via the ARRL Members Only Web site.
      If you do not want to receive further messages, go to the site at:
      http://www.arrl.org/members-only/memdata.html?modify=1
      Log in with your username and password and change your email options.
      Unchecking the "News and information from your Division Director and
      Section Manager" box will prevent messages such as this one from
      being sent to you.
      -- webmaster@...