928RE: [Murgas ARC] Hamfest STILL on for Sunday

  • Rick Rinehimer
    Jul 1, 2006
      Hi Bob,

      The bridge in the State Park is now open, and PENNDOT has a well marked
      detour in place for the other bridge, adds just a mile or two more and a
      couple of minutes. KB3ACO and I drove it this afternoon well marked.

      Pass this on to anyone in Central PA.

      Thanks , Rick

      Route 118 Detour

      State Route 118, between Red Rock Corners and Pikes Creek (intersection of
      SR 118 and SR29) has a detour because of bridge damage. The following
      instructions will get you around the problem.

      From Williamsport

      1) Continue East on S R 118 Past Red Rock Corners approximately 4.5
      miles. Signs will alert you to the road closing.

      2) Bear left onto Moretown Road. (Sign for Moretown Mill).

      3) (N 41.18.658 W 76.11.303.)

      4) Stay on Moretown Road for 4.1 miles.

      5) At intersection with State Route 29, turn RIGHT onto SR 29.

      6) (N 41.19.663 W 76.07.032)

      7) Continue on SR 29 South for 2.2 miles.

      8) Turn Left onto State Route 118 East. (At Red Light)

      9) (N 41.19.663 W 76.07.032)

      10) Continue East on SR 118 to Luzerne County Fairgrounds

      _____