Run Announcement - Jacumba Border Trails & Mt. Springs Stage Station Trail

  • Roger Mullins
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2013

      Leader – Roger Mullins

      Date – Saturday 9/14

      Meeting Time – 9:AM

      Depart: - 9:15 SHARP

      Meeting Place – Gas Stations,   I-8 Exit 73 Jacumba

      Difficulty Rating 2 to 2+  http://www.justruns.com/files/dif.htm

      Lunch -  On the trail

      Communications:   CB-14, HAM 146.550 MHz.

      Please have all the REQUIRED Equipmenthttp://www.justruns.com/files/reqeq.htm

      From the Meeting Place we will drive a few miles on the highway before airing down at the Trailhead.

      Please arrive in time to fuel up for a full day of 4 wheeling.

      This is mostly a “Scenic Run” but for Novice Drivers or those afraid of heights it could present some challenges.  I haven’t been there since some recent heavy rains in the area so we may have to do a bit of trail clearing.

      We will start by doing the Border Trails.  We’ll stop first at Smuggler’s Cave then continue to the Elliot Mine, spending some time at each.  Then we will continue south to the border before crossing under Interstate 8 via Mica Gem Rd then to the ruins of the Mt. Springs Stage Station.  It will likely be warm so bring sun screen and plenty of water.

      RSVP Not Required.