Run Announcement - Corral Canyon OHV Park

  • damon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2013
      Run date July 27-28

      Day run with option to camp.

      Meeting at four corners parking area at 10am, leaving at 11am to lower campground (Corral Canyon area south west of Four corners)area to find a spot to camp and then leave to trail from there. If you don't plan on camping you can meet us at the camping area at 11:30am and leave with us from there.

      I plan on camping at the lower camp grounds. The camp grounds have fire pits and bathrooms(no running water). If you plan on camping bring what you will need to stay night(tent, sleeping bags, water, stove/bbq, food, snacks, ect..) The closest store is 30 mins away(ampm). If you plan on staying just the day bring what you need to survive the day( lots of water, snacks, food).

      trail rating is 2+ to 4

      I plan on doing Side Winder trail first(2-3 trail rating). Second we will do the Bronco Peak trail, starting at the east side of trail head, the first section of the trail(from trail head to peak) I rate at 2+. the second section of the trail I rate at a 3+, lots of rocks. As we finish the second section we will turn on to Gunslinger trail and do the new sections off of it, I rate theses section 3+ as well. then we will return to camp and decide what do from there for a night run. Sunday morning we pick up and leave.

      I don't recommend stock 4x4 rigs, at least 33' tires. Plan on getting body damage, at the minimal scratches from bushes/trees and rock damage on the undercarriage.

      Communication CB channel 21. Ill have my radio on first thing Saturday morning.

      Please have all recommended equipment.

      If you have any question let me know. I will be in a white and black YJ.

      Thanks,
      Damon
      619-244-2836