good poem

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13, 2005
      The poem below was written by an American mother whose son was killed
      in Iraq. She has helped establish an organization called the Gold
      Star Families that is demanding the US immediately withdraw from Iraq
      and put the budget used to carry on the war into reconstruction work
      done by the Iraqi people themselves. All members of the organization
      have lost a son or daughter in Iraq. This is one of a growing number
      of organizations of family members of US soldiers that are protesting
      the war.

      *CARLY'S POEM*
      A Nation Rocked to sleep

      by Carly Sheehan
      Brother Casey KIA 04/04/04
      Sadr City Baghdad

      Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?
      The torrential rains of a mother's weeping will never be done
      They call him a hero, you should be glad that he's one, but
      Have you ever heard the sound of a mother screaming for her son?

      Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?
      He must be brave because his boy died for another man's lies
      The only grief he allows himself are long, deep sighs
      Have you ever heard the sound of a father holding back his cries?

      Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?
      They say that he died so that the flag will continue to wave
      But I believe he died because they had oil to save
      Have you ever heard the sound of taps played at your brother's grave?

      Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?
      The leaders want to keep you numb so the pain won't be so deep
      But if we the people let them continue another mother will weep
      Have you ever heard the sound of a nation being rocked to sleep?
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2005
        Max,
        This is really interesting. If it is possible to get in touch with some of those organisations within US itself. Maybe we could establish a mutual solidarity on anti-war mandate. I suppose friends from Mindinao as well as ethnic groups from Burma would also agree to that, other than all our concerned groups like Dalits, Naga, Srilankan Tamils and so on.

        Could you ask some of our friends in our group to contribute some thought on these lines?