Re: [justpeaceinasia] The Line

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
      A friend here in Hong Kong bought a music cd and found it there.  She is a Chinese theologian who helped organize an interfaith night with Christians, Muslims and Jews a week or so ago.  At the end of the evening fellowship, she played this song.  The singer is a Japanese.

      It is nice ..
      Where did you get it from sir?
      Goldy

      max <maxediger@...> wrote:

      Below are the words to a song by a Japanese singer whose name is Sawa
      Tomoe.  It articulates very creatively the fact that we are the ones
      who create divisions (lines) and so we are the very ones who can
      cross them and thus eliminate them.  Justpeace is in our hands.

      THE LINE
      By Sawa Tomoe

      Where's the line between love and hate
      Where's the line between the north and the south
      Where's the line between man and woman
      Where's the line between you and me

      There's the line, invisible line
      Everywhere in this world, everyday of our lives
      And it's you, to go over the line
      It's easy if you try, `cause the line is you

      Where's the line between war and peace
      Where's the line between adult and child
      Where's the line between black and white
      Where's the line between life and death

      The line is me, the line is you
      There's no line, no line anymore
      There's no lone

      People tend to think of nonviolence as a choice between using force and doing nothing. But the real choice takes place at another level. Nonviolence is less a matter of "not killing" and more a matter of showing compassion, of saving and redeeming, of being a healing community. One can only choose between doing good to the person placed in one's path, or to do him evil. To do good is to love a person; but not to do that is as good as killing him. To love someone is to restore that person physically, socially, and spiritually. To neglect and postpone this restoration is already to kill. Andre Trocme