what we have in common

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2011

      THE GOLDEN RULE

      1. Indigenous Spiritualties
        1. Do not strive to cause your neighbor’s undoing, for as you strive for your own good treatment, so render it to others.
      2. Hinduism
        1. This is the essence of morality:  Do not do to others which if done to you would cause you pain.
      3. Confucianism
        1. What you do not wish done to yourself, do not do to others.
      4. Buddhism
        1. Treat all creatures as you would like to be treated.
      5. Judaism
        1. What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor – that is the basic law, all the rest is commentary.
      6. Christianity
        1. Whatever you wish that others do to you, do so to them – this is the sum of God’s law, and the teachings of the prophets.
      7. Islam
        1. No one of you is a believer, until you desire for your neighbor that which you desire for yourself.
      8. Sikhism
        1. Do as you desire goodness for yourself, as you cannot expect tasty fruits if you sow thorny trees.
      9. Baha’i
        1. If your eyes be turned towards justice, choose for your neighbor that which you would choose for yourself.

      Kondrad Adenauer Foundation, Kuala Lumpur

      --
      "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral. "
      Paulo Freire

      "For the sake of 10 year's benefit, we must plant trees; for the sake of 100 years' benefit, we must cultivate people."  Ho Chi Minh

    • ponnareay sambath
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2011
        Hi Max,

        That are the wonderful and beautiful common.

        I am really appreciate for all.

        Be peaceful for our world we pray,

        Ponnareay,
        SCM Cambodia,