villager against Dam

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 12:13 AM
      Many dams are being planned along the Salween River in Burma.  These dams will force many villagers our of their homes and destroy their livelihood.  The dams will have a negative affect for so many people.

      Recently villagers in the area held a protest against dams.  Our good friend Kipho and his colleagues documented this protest.  You can watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6xamSHY_E

      It is in Karen language but i hope you will understand it though the pictures.

      --

      ‎"Try as I may I can not escape the sound of suffering. Perhaps as an old man I will accept suffering with insouciance. But not now; men in their prime, if they have convictions are tasked to act on them." -- Julian Assange, 2007