villager against Dam

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2011
      Many dams are being planned along the Salween River in Burma.  These dams will force many villagers our of their homes and destroy their livelihood.  The dams will have a negative affect for so many people.

      Recently villagers in the area held a protest against dams.  Our good friend Kipho and his colleagues documented this protest.  You can watch it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6xamSHY_E

      It is in Karen language but i hope you will understand it though the pictures.

      --

      ‎"Try as I may I can not escape the sound of suffering. Perhaps as an old man I will accept suffering with insouciance. But not now; men in their prime, if they have convictions are tasked to act on them." -- Julian Assange, 2007