Re: [justpeaceinasia] Sad news from Indonesia

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
      Raihana:  I am now in Sri Lanka for a justpeacce workshop.  I shared your email with the participants and requested their praayers.  I do hope the news will be better for all the people of Indonesial.

      max

      On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM, raihana diani <raihana.diani@...> wrote:

      Dear All,

      Mount merapi the most volatile volcano..has started to erupt, spewing plumes of hot ash and rocks high into the air. It had rumbled and groaned for hours. Scientists have warned that pressure building beneath Merapi's lave dome could trigger one of most powerful blasts in years.
      Thousand of residents on the slopes have been evacuated.

      Yesterday was earthquake and tsunami in Mentawai, w sumatra. Today, mount Merapi..
      Hope tomorrow will be good news...we pray for that..

      Best from Aceh
      Raihana

      --
      "To accomplish great things
      we must not only act but also dream.

      --
      Visit my blog at http://calebandshalev.wordpress.com/

      "Dialogue demands more courage than waging war. It takes you to that uncomfortable space where you have to question your own assumptions and, rather than speak on other people's behalf, truly listen to what they have to say, take it into consideration, and present your own views in a way that addresses the misunderstandings that have arisen."  Haider Al-Mosawi

      You Westerners have been coming to the Holy Land for centuries to visit the shrines,
      the dead stones. But you do not see the living stones – the human beings who live
      and struggle before your eyes. I say ‘Wake up!’ What matters are the living stones!
      (Father Elias Chacour, cited in Bush, 1996)

    • shreeram chaudhary
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010

        Dear Raihana diani,
        I pray for all the victim from Indonesia.
        Shreeram
        Nepal

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
          Dear Raihana,

          Its is really heartfelt news, our pray is always with the people of Indonesia.

          Advocate, Author and Researcher
          Phone : 00977-9851011724

          Mount merapi the most volatile volcano..has started to erupt, spewing plumes of hot ash and rocks high into the air. It had rumbled and groaned for hours. Scientists have warned that pressure building beneath Merapi's lave dome could trigger one of most powerful blasts in years.
          Thousand of residents on the slopes have been evacuated.

          Yesterday was earthquake and tsunami in Mentawai, w sumatra. Today, mount Merapi..
          Hope tomorrow will be good news...we pray for that..

          Best from Aceh
          Raihana

          --
          "To accomplish great things
          we must not only act but also dream.
          Not only plan but also believe"

        • Center For JustPeace Mindanao
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2010
            RAIHANA, We are having our week long meeting of Asia Pacific Solidarity Conference (APSOC) here in Davao, many some participants are also from your place including Sri Lanka, South Thailand and others, I shared to everybody that sad news, OUR PRAYERS for you and the people of your country.

            LAURIE AILYNNE MARAVILLAS - BENITO
            OIC Executive Director
            Bangsamoro Center for Just Peace Inc.