Fwd: [BurmaCampaign] Urgent action on Crimes against Humanity in Burma

  • Saw Mort
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2010
      Dear friend

      Please take action to help us persuade the EU to support a UN Commission of Inquiry into crimes against humanity and war crimes in Burma.

      Take action here:
      http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/index.php/campaigns/actions/crimes-against-humanity/crimes-against-humanity

      In March 2010, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Burma called for a United Nations Commission of Inquiry into war crimes and crimes against humanity in Burma. The UK, USA, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Australia have all expressed their support for such an inquiry. However, the EU has so far remained silent on the issue.

      This week, the EU is drafting the next UN General Assembly resolution on Burma. This resolution is an opportunity to turn words into action and the EU should ensure that the establishment of a UN Inquiry is included in the resolution.

      Belgium is the current President of the EU Council and must take the lead in securing EU support for a UN Commission of Inquiry into crimes against humanity and war crimes in Burma and ensuring the establishment of a UN Inquiry is in the United Nations General Assembly resolution.

      We need your help to persuade them and we only have a few days!

      Please take action and send an email to the Belgian Prime Minister Yves Leterme and Foreign Minister Steven Vanackere:

      Take action here:
      http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/index.php/campaigns/actions/crimes-against-humanity/crimes-against-humanity

      Thank you for your support.

      Anna
      Burma Campaign UK

      __________________

      Support our work: Donate to the Burma Campaign UK and make a difference today. You can be sure your donation will make a difference. Supporting the Burma Campaign UK is one of the most effective ways of supporting the struggle to free Burma.
      Donate now: http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/donate
      --
      Was this email forwarded to you by a friend? If you are not already a member of the Burma Campaign UK e-mail network, and would like to receive these updates directly, you can subscribe by sending a blank e-mail to: burmacampaign-subscribe@...

      Burma Campaign UK
      Registered Company No. 3804730
      Registered office address
      28 Charles Square