Re: [justpeaceinasia] some news from my home

  • Rosabeth Koehn
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
      Dear Max,

      I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I know from you that she led a long and full life. It's really wonderful that you were able to be with her right at the end and with your family now. I hope it can be a meaningful time for everyone to gather together and celebrate your mother's life. You and your family will be in my prayers during this time of transition. Take care, Bac Max.

      Rosie

      On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> wrote:

      Friends:  I returned to the States on Friday evening because my mother was very sick.  She has been sick for many months now so we were expecting this.  On Sunday early morning she died peacefully.  I was very happy to be here with all of the family for this time.  On Wdnesday we will have her funeral.  I will return to Hanoi sometime later next week.

      Visit my blog at http://calebandshalev.wordpress.com/

      "Dialogue demands more courage than waging war. It takes you to that uncomfortable space where you have to question your own assumptions and, rather than speak on other people's behalf, truly listen to what they have to say, take it into consideration, and present your own views in a way that addresses the misunderstandings that have arisen."  Haider Al-Mosawi

      You Westerners have been coming to the Holy Land for centuries to visit the shrines,
      the dead stones. But you do not see the living stones – the human beings who live
      and struggle before your eyes. I say ‘Wake up!’ What matters are the living stones!
      (Father Elias Chacour, cited in Bush, 1996)

    • Jerome De Porres
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
        Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

        Dear Max,

        My deepest sympathies. I know and understand the pain of loosing a person who brought us into this world and we are with your at this sorrowful moment.

        May the good Lord give her eternal life and keep her safely with him.

        Take care.

        Jerome

[...]

      • Center For JustPeace Mindanao
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
          My dear friend max,

          It’s been a heart breaking when I learned of the sudden death of your dear mother, and I cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow.

          I wish I had words to comfort and sustain you in your grief, but I know there are none that will take away any pain you are feeling now. My heart aches for you, Max, and my arms long to embrace you. Even my knees know your grief, as I have been on them in prayer for you.

          ABDULBASIT R. BENITO
          Executive Director
          Bangsamoro Center for Justpeace in the Phil's. Inc.
          B C J P
          Regional Secretary
          Consortium of Bangsamoro Civil Society
          Vice-Chairman
          Mindanao Resource Development Center
          Convener
          Mindanao Human Rights Action Center

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
              Dear Sir,

              I fell so sorry to hear that, Let me share with you for your sadness.
              However, God prepare a place for her already.

              Best regard,
              Ponnareay,
              CSCM executive member,

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                Hi Max

                I'm very sorry to hear that your mother passed away.
                But I'm also happy to know that you were there to witness her last day here on earth. Our belief of seeing our lost ones someday in heaven is still giving us hope.
                May your mother rest in God's arms and your peace work never rest  until his kingdom comes!

                Shalom
                Jae Young Lee
                Korea Anabaptist Center
                Connexus Language Institute

                2010. 8. 30. 오후 11:14 Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> 작성:

[...]

              • Yam Bahadur Kisan
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                  Dear Max

                  It is very sad news for me that your lovely mother who gave birth you as a servant of humanity and ambassador of peace in Asia. I want to share your grief in this time and I pray  your mom's soul  may stay on the right hand of  God.

                  May the God give you courage and peace.

                  Advocate, Author and Researcher
                  Phone : 00977-9851011724

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                    Dear Max,

                    It was very sad news when i read email from you. I am sure that is hard for you and your family.
                    from Aceh, with all my condolence, i pray for her.
                    Hope you and  your family enough strength to overcome the situation..

                    God will give her Rest in Peace

                    Raihan

                    --
                    "To accomplish great things
                    we must not only act but also dream.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010

                      Dear Max,

                      I was deeply saddened to hear of this irreparable loss. My thoughts are with you. Words seem inadequate to express the sadness you are undergoing. May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.

                      Best regards,

                      Amrit Manandhar

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 6, 2010
                        Dearest Max,

                        I am very sorry to hear about your mother's death. I know this loss will never heal but i am sure life will give the courage to cope with it. I am glad that you were able to reach home and be there with your family.

                        Take care of yourself.

                        Love,
                        Mini Nair,
                        Chandigarh, India

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 7, 2010
                          Dear max,

                          Sorry to learn about your mon. i know how painful it is however, we all know its life journey and we all will surely do the same in our life journey.I share the pain with you at this moment. my condolence to all the family members.

                          Situation back home not so good for us. for few months there has been strain relation with Meitie Manipuri and the Nagas. Hope everything will go well.

                          with warm regards

                          vashum