Re: [justpeaceinasia] some news from my home

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
      Dear Max:
      I am sorry to learn about your mother's demise. I am sure it had been been hard for you and your family members at this hour. I express all my condolence from the dept of my heart and may the Almighty Lord provide you and your family enough strength to overcome the situation. However I also feel that she had a fulfilling and meaningful life. The one who gave birth to a brave and ardent campaigner of justice and peace in the form of Max.

      We all had been blessed by her life. Hence we need to thank the Almighty Lord for showering his wonderful blessings on us by giving us people like his mother. Once again I am sorry and feel bad that she is no more amidst us, however her spirit will dwell through Max, his work, his association and other aspects that he engages with.  I pray to the Heavenly Lord to let her soul rest in peace.

      Will lots of prayer, wishes and regards
      Goldy

      On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> wrote:

      Friends:  I returned to the States on Friday evening because my mother was very sick.  She has been sick for many months now so we were expecting this.  On Sunday early morning she died peacefully.  I was very happy to be here with all of the family for this time.  On Wdnesday we will have her funeral.  I will return to Hanoi sometime later next week.

      Visit my blog at http://calebandshalev.wordpress.com/

      "Dialogue demands more courage than waging war. It takes you to that uncomfortable space where you have to question your own assumptions and, rather than speak on other people's behalf, truly listen to what they have to say, take it into consideration, and present your own views in a way that addresses the misunderstandings that have arisen."  Haider Al-Mosawi

      You Westerners have been coming to the Holy Land for centuries to visit the shrines,
      the dead stones. But you do not see the living stones – the human beings who live
      and struggle before your eyes. I say ‘Wake up!’ What matters are the living stones!
      (Father Elias Chacour, cited in Bush, 1996)

      --
      ---------------------------------
      Goldy M. George

      Founder
      Dalit Mukti Morcha
      Chhattisgarh
    • Rosabeth Koehn
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
        Dear Max,

        I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I know from you that she led a long and full life. It's really wonderful that you were able to be with her right at the end and with your family now. I hope it can be a meaningful time for everyone to gather together and celebrate your mother's life. You and your family will be in my prayers during this time of transition. Take care, Bac Max.

        Rosie

        On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Jerome De Porres
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
          Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

          Dear Max,

          My deepest sympathies. I know and understand the pain of loosing a person who brought us into this world and we are with your at this sorrowful moment.

          May the good Lord give her eternal life and keep her safely with him.

          Take care.

          Jerome

[...]

        • Center For JustPeace Mindanao
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 30, 2010
            My dear friend max,

            It’s been a heart breaking when I learned of the sudden death of your dear mother, and I cannot imagine the depth of your sorrow.

            I wish I had words to comfort and sustain you in your grief, but I know there are none that will take away any pain you are feeling now. My heart aches for you, Max, and my arms long to embrace you. Even my knees know your grief, as I have been on them in prayer for you.

            ABDULBASIT R. BENITO
            Executive Director
            Bangsamoro Center for Justpeace in the Phil's. Inc.
            B C J P
            Regional Secretary
            Consortium of Bangsamoro Civil Society
            Vice-Chairman
            Mindanao Resource Development Center
            Convener
            Mindanao Human Rights Action Center

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                Dear Sir,

                I fell so sorry to hear that, Let me share with you for your sadness.
                However, God prepare a place for her already.

                Best regard,
                Ponnareay,
                CSCM executive member,

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                  Hi Max

                  I'm very sorry to hear that your mother passed away.
                  But I'm also happy to know that you were there to witness her last day here on earth. Our belief of seeing our lost ones someday in heaven is still giving us hope.
                  May your mother rest in God's arms and your peace work never rest  until his kingdom comes!

                  Shalom
                  Jae Young Lee
                  Korea Anabaptist Center
                  Connexus Language Institute

                  2010. 8. 30. 오후 11:14 Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> 작성:

[...]

                • Yam Bahadur Kisan
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                    Dear Max

                    It is very sad news for me that your lovely mother who gave birth you as a servant of humanity and ambassador of peace in Asia. I want to share your grief in this time and I pray  your mom's soul  may stay on the right hand of  God.

                    May the God give you courage and peace.

                    Advocate, Author and Researcher
                    Phone : 00977-9851011724

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010
                      Dear Max,

                      It was very sad news when i read email from you. I am sure that is hard for you and your family.
                      from Aceh, with all my condolence, i pray for her.
                      Hope you and  your family enough strength to overcome the situation..

                      God will give her Rest in Peace

                      Raihan

                      2010/9/1 Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@...>

[...]

                      "To accomplish great things
                      we must not only act but also dream.
                      Not only plan  but also believe"
                    • Amrit Manandhar
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 31, 2010

                        Dear Max,

                        I was deeply saddened to hear of this irreparable loss. My thoughts are with you. Words seem inadequate to express the sadness you are undergoing. May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.

                        Best regards,

                        Amrit Manandhar

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 6, 2010
                          Dearest Max,

                          I am very sorry to hear about your mother's death. I know this loss will never heal but i am sure life will give the courage to cope with it. I am glad that you were able to reach home and be there with your family.

                          Take care of yourself.

                          Love,
                          Mini Nair,
                          Chandigarh, India

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 7, 2010
                            Dear max,

                            Sorry to learn about your mon. i know how painful it is however, we all know its life journey and we all will surely do the same in our life journey.I share the pain with you at this moment. my condolence to all the family members.

                            Situation back home not so good for us. for few months there has been strain relation with Meitie Manipuri and the Nagas. Hope everything will go well.

                            with warm regards

                            vashum