Fwd: Please sign petition to end discrimination on dalit students in universities, it will take only one minute to sign and support the cause

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2010

      Friends:  All of us had experience with Dalit communities during our time in SOP so we know the kind of situations they face.  Here is a petition, sent by a close friend of mine, which gives us an opportunity to support Dalit students for the right to a good education.

      Max

      Dear all!
      Jai Bhim!
      The following is an online petition against discrimination of Dalit students in Indian universities. Please sign in this and make this campaign a success. This comes as another reminder to all friends who haven't either received this message or got but haven't signed this petition. Please ignore this message if you have already signed in this. This needs to be taken up seriously when hundreds of Dalit students are denied of their right to higher studies in most of the professional institutions. Also there aer several cases where Dalit students were forced out of the campus even after geting admitted. Futher there are scores of cases of suicide of Dalit students. Hence I request you to take it seriously and also to send it to friends on your list so that we could have at least 10 million (1 crore) signatures by July 15.

      Kindly follow this link to sign in the petition http://www.petitiononline.com/93466770/petition.html

      Kind regards
      Goldy

      Goldy M. George
      PhD candidate
      TISS, Mumbai

      Founder
      Dalit Mukti Morcha
      Chhattisgarh

      --
      Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered is unhappy. Persons who have given up both victory and defeat, the contented, they are happy. (Buddhist wisdom)
      "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."