Fwd: FW: Scholarship Opportunities in New Zealand and Call for Case Studies

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2009
    Friends:  Some of you might be interested in the information below.  Max

    Dear Action Asia Members,

    Here are more opportunities... should you be interested, please contact directly the university or organizer.

    Regards,

    Action Asia Secretariat
    PO Box2552, Phnom Penh 3, Cambodia
    Tel. +855 92 637528

    1. Scholarship Opportunities at the National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, New Zealand
      [mailto:peaceandconflict@...]

    Applications are invited from international students for three two-year Postgraduate Diploma/Masters scholarships and two three-year PhD   scholarships.  We also have a Masters Scholarship for students of   Maori/Moriori descent.

    I attach full details of the scholarships along with application details.

    We are looking forward to welcoming a Foundation Class from all over the world and would ask you to pass this information on to any outstanding   students you know.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

    Regards

    Debbie Prysor
    PA/Office Manager

    National Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies
    117 Albany Street
    PO Box 56
    Dunedin 9054

    Tel:  +64 3 479 4546
    www.otago.ac.nz/ncpacs

    2.  Call for case stories of South-South cooperation

    Shine a light!

    The Task Team on South-South Cooperation is pleased to announce the call for case stories and invites you to share your experience. In order to generate high-quality evidence to influence the policy-making process and expand the globally shared knowledge base, the Task Team on South-South Cooperation (TT-SSC) has launched a broad call for case stories which document SSC practices  and their synergies with the aid effectiveness agenda. The TT-SSC is especially interested in discovering and documenting the practice of technical cooperation and capacity development among developing countries.

    Submit your case story by January 29th, 2010 and your experience could be showcased at the Bogotá High Level Event on South-South Cooperation and Capacity Development. Case stories are less than 2000 words--approximately 2 to 3 pages--and can be submitted in English, Spanish or French. You can find the complete Call for Cases and further information at www.southsouthcases.info
    [http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102888879353&s=383&e=001eV9ZBw_Pun4Fhsu17GSE2fNk8

    or contact us at southsouthcases@... [mailto:southsouthcases@...] for any questions or to simply alert us about an interesting case.

    The Task Team on South-South Cooperation brings partner countries, donors, civil society
    , academia, regional and multilateral agencies together under a common objective of mapping, documenting, analyzing and discussing evidence on the synergies between the principles of aid effectiveness and the practice of South-South Cooperation.

    We look forward to hearing from you.
    With best wishes from the TT-SSC

    --
    The day we stop killing off our own species, our world will become a book with no more torn pages.
    - Zoe Taylor, McClure Middle School, Seattle, WA
    Message 2 of 2 , Dec 18, 2009
      Dear Max,

      Thanks for the info. iam thinking to apply for the Ph. D scholarship. here in this he is asking about the info that on the following below:

      point no -5 & 6

      Information about others in your field in New Zealand or globally conducting similar research

      6 Information regarding possible national or international collaboration on your research project?

      Iam not sure how ro answer them if u can help me on this.

      wishes
      jahan ara

        [mailto:peaceandconflict@ otago.ac. nz]

      or contact us at southsouthcases@ gmail.com [mailto:southsouthcases@ gmail.com] for any questions or to simply alert us about an interesting case.