Re: [justpeaceinasia] Farewell to our friend

  • Saw Mort
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
      Dear Rosie

      I would like to thank you so much for your contribution and support and you have done a great job.  I hope we will meet sometimes in Kaw Thoo Lei (the land without evil).  Have a safe trip back to US.

      Take care

      On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Max Ediger <ediger.max@...> wrote:

      Dear friends:  Some of you met Rosie (Rosabeth Kohen) at our workshop in Nepal workshop.  Others have gotten to know her through emails.  Rosie was a one-year volunteer here in Viet Nam with the Mennonite Central Committee. She worked with me on CJPA things part time.  Her major contribution to CJPA was collecting, editing and organizing stories, poems, art work etc for the book we plan to publish sometime later this year.  She has basically completed her task on this project and now we will give it to a few people to read through once again looking for any spelling errors etc.  This was a very big work and Rosie has done an excellent job with it.

      Unfortunately, Rosie's time with us is ending.  She will return to the States on July 14 to continue with her education.  I wish to take this opportunity to thank her for all of her contribution to CJPA and do hope that we will keep in touch.

      Thanks Rosie, and much good luck as you go forward with your education.  Remember that you now have many friends all around Asia.

      "I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any. I refuse to live in other people's houses as an interloper, a beggar or a slave." - Gandhi

      --
      Saw Mort
      Organizing and Education Coordinator

    • shreeram chaudhary
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
        Dear Rosie
        Namaste,
        Congratulation for your futher study and thanks for your contribution in documentation.
        Yourfriends from:
        Nepal

[...]

        New Email names for you!
        Hurry before someone else does!
      • Elly Zarni
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
           Rossie...it's very great opportunity to work with you...and to meet u...

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9, 2009
            Congraculation Roosy

            *********END**********

            Regards

            Arjun Chalise
            Kathmandu, Nepal

            Get your preferred Email name!
            Now you can @... and @....
          • chand jit
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 12, 2009
              Thanks Rosie for contribution your valuable time to CJPA. Best of Luck for  Further Study
              I hope we will  keep on touch

              jit, nepal

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 13, 2009
                Dear All,

                Indeed I met Rosie (Rosabeth Kohen) in Kathmandu while the workshop was on here. I cherish our gathering in Kathmandu. I found her dedicated to her mission. I agree with Max that she did her job in an excellent manner. I am so sorry to learn that she is leaving the CJPA. Her association with the CJPA will add to it a feather in some manner, I am sure. My best wishes to her in her study and endeavour in future.

                Amrit Manandhar
                A Well Wisher from Kathmandu, Nepal

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 14, 2009
                  Dear CJPA friends,

                  Thank you so much for all the thanks and well wishes. I say the same to all of you!

                  Thank you for allowing my to join in the work of CJPA over the past year. It has been such an educational  growing experience. I am honored to have been entrusted with the work of compiling and editing your stories in the book Our Stories, Our Challenges: The Search for JustPeace in Asia Today. I hope we can all see the finished product soon! Now it is hard for me to remember a time when I knew little to nothing about the war and peace of Asia! I will take that knowledge home with me and share it.

                  All the best to all of you as you continue to work for true JustPeace in your communities. And may CJPA continue to be a peaceful place for networking and support. I will never forget my time meeting and working with all of you. I hope we will meet again soon. Until then...

                  May the road rise to meet you,
                  May the wind be always at your back.
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  The rains fall soft upon your fields.
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

                  --Irish blessing

                  In JustPeace,

                  Rosie

                  On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Amrit Manandhar <amrit_manandhar2001@...> wrote:

[...]