Farewell to our friend

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9 1:55 AM
      Dear friends:  Some of you met Rosie (Rosabeth Kohen) at our workshop in Nepal workshop.  Others have gotten to know her through emails.  Rosie was a one-year volunteer here in Viet Nam with the Mennonite Central Committee. She worked with me on CJPA things part time.  Her major contribution to CJPA was collecting, editing and organizing stories, poems, art work etc for the book we plan to publish sometime later this year.  She has basically completed her task on this project and now we will give it to a few people to read through once again looking for any spelling errors etc.  This was a very big work and Rosie has done an excellent job with it.

      Unfortunately, Rosie's time with us is ending.  She will return to the States on July 14 to continue with her education.  I wish to take this opportunity to thank her for all of her contribution to CJPA and do hope that we will keep in touch.

      Thanks Rosie, and much good luck as you go forward with your education.  Remember that you now have many friends all around Asia.

      "I do not want my house to be walled in on all sides and my windows to be stuffed. I want the cultures of all the lands to be blown about my house as freely as possible. But I refuse to be blown off my feet by any. I refuse to live in other people's houses as an interloper, a beggar or a slave." - Gandhi
    • Jerome De Porres
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9 2:05 AM
        Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

        I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Rosie for her contribution for cjpa. Rosie, you have done a great job and thank you for supporting us with the book which Im sure will be a great material of our stories and our challenges. Thanks for your friendship as well. I will always remember our story with the drunken man in Kathmandu.... ;)

        This is a small world. Im sure we will meet again soon....

        Take care and all the very best for your bright future.

        Jerome

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 9 2:30 AM
          Dear All,

          Greatings from Nepal again. I heard that Rosie is going back to US, I want to wish for her bright future. I never  forget her contribution to the International Peace Workshop in Nepal.

          Rosie, Good Luck!

          Yam Kisan

          Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
          Email : ybkisan@...

[...]

          Get your new Email address!
        • vashum
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 9 2:39 AM
            Though i have not had an opportunity to meet up i must say thank you to rosie for her dedication for the just peace in this part of region. i believe as she go back home she will have many story to tell to her family and freinds. we look forward to see her contributing in many way. thanks you once again rosie good luck
            vashum from Nagalim

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 9 6:19 PM
              Dear Rosie

              I would like to thank you so much for your contribution and support and you have done a great job.  I hope we will meet sometimes in Kaw Thoo Lei (the land without evil).  Have a safe trip back to US.

              Take care

              --
              Saw Mort
              Organizing and Education Coordinator

            • shreeram chaudhary
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9 9:57 PM
                Dear Rosie
                Namaste,
                Congratulation for your futher study and thanks for your contribution in documentation.
                Yourfriends from:
                Nepal

[...]

                New Email names for you!
                Hurry before someone else does!
              • Elly Zarni
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9 11:13 PM
                   Rossie...it's very great opportunity to work with you...and to meet u...

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9 11:15 PM
                    Congraculation Roosy

                    *********END**********

                    Regards

                    Arjun Chalise
                    Kathmandu, Nepal

                    Get your preferred Email name!
                    Now you can @... and @....
                  • chand jit
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 12 8:05 AM
                      Thanks Rosie for contribution your valuable time to CJPA. Best of Luck for  Further Study
                      I hope we will  keep on touch

                      jit, nepal

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 13 11:44 PM
                        Dear All,

                        Indeed I met Rosie (Rosabeth Kohen) in Kathmandu while the workshop was on here. I cherish our gathering in Kathmandu. I found her dedicated to her mission. I agree with Max that she did her job in an excellent manner. I am so sorry to learn that she is leaving the CJPA. Her association with the CJPA will add to it a feather in some manner, I am sure. My best wishes to her in her study and endeavour in future.

                        Amrit Manandhar
                        A Well Wisher from Kathmandu, Nepal

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 14 3:04 AM
                          Dear CJPA friends,

                          Thank you so much for all the thanks and well wishes. I say the same to all of you!

                          Thank you for allowing my to join in the work of CJPA over the past year. It has been such an educational  growing experience. I am honored to have been entrusted with the work of compiling and editing your stories in the book Our Stories, Our Challenges: The Search for JustPeace in Asia Today. I hope we can all see the finished product soon! Now it is hard for me to remember a time when I knew little to nothing about the war and peace of Asia! I will take that knowledge home with me and share it.

                          All the best to all of you as you continue to work for true JustPeace in your communities. And may CJPA continue to be a peaceful place for networking and support. I will never forget my time meeting and working with all of you. I hope we will meet again soon. Until then...

                          May the road rise to meet you,
                          May the wind be always at your back.
                          May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                          The rains fall soft upon your fields.
                          And until we meet again,
                          May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

                          --Irish blessing

                          In JustPeace,

                          Rosie

                          On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Amrit Manandhar <amrit_manandhar2001@...> wrote:

[...]