IDPs Consultation Dialogue Results Presentation

  • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2009

      Abdulbasit R. Benito

      July 09, 2009

      Peace Loving People of Cotabato City

      Dear All;

      Greetings of Peace…

      Bangsamoro Center for JustPeace in the Phil’s. Inc.  (BCJP) is an institution working towards the advancement of culture of peace, unity and development through consultation, advocacy and reconciliation processes.

      In view of the above, BCJP in partnership with The Asia Foundation (TAF) being supported by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has been conducted a series of consultation/ dialogue between and among IDPs from Brgy Ganta, Penditen, Bakat and Inaladan all of Datu Saudi Ampatuan Maguindanao, regarding their plight in the different evacuation centers in Poblacion Datu Piang Maguindanao from May 18 to June 18, 2009.

      This initiative is triggered on the recent wave of displacement happened sometime last April  2009 in Brgy Ganta, Penditen, Bakat, Inaladan of Datu Saudi Ampatuan, where civilians are forced to flee because of unrelenting hostilities in the ground.

      The result of consultation with the IDPs will be presented on July 14, 2009 at Bai Labi Hall of El Manuel Convention Center, Cotabato City. Objectives of the presentation are as follows;

      • To share the documented plight of the civilians displaced by the current hostilities and shed light the issues of unpredictable military shelling to those barangays mentioned above.
      • For military to orient displaced civilians and humanitarian players regarding objectives of their operation to avoid panic and trauma
      • For civilians to present their recommendations and options regarding their safety and security in the ground while tensions are on going.
      • For CSOs to share their expertise and resources
      • For civilians to come up their own recommendation when it comes to their safety and security in the area.

      Knowing your organizations concern and desire to mitigate the plight of the IDPs May we therefore invite you to participate in the Consultation Dialogue Results Presentation on July 14, 2009 starting 1; 00pm up to 5; 00pm at Bai Labi Hall, El Manuel Convention Center, Cotabato City. Your presence in this Presentation is highly important.

      Yours truly,

      ABDULBASIT R. BENITO

      Executive Director

      October 2, 2008

      HON. SAMUEL S. CO

      --
      It is not JUSTICE and PEACE that we need to create;

      But rather we need to remove the obstacles that prevent Justice and Peace from thriving and flowing freely: our work must be to stand with the marginalized, seek out the root causes of Injustice and Violence and then work to remove those root causes.