Fwd: BCJP Condemns Cotabato Blast

  • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5 7:32 PM

      Abdulbasit R. Benito
      Executive Director
      Bangsamoro Center for Justpeace in the Phil's. Inc.
      B C J P
      Int. 003-c, Don S. Sero Street
      Rosary Heights 4
      Cotabato City
      Philippines
      Tel. N o. (064) 390 2726

      COTABATO CITY (July 6, 2009) - Bangsamoro Center for Just Peace in the Philippines (BCJP) has condemned in a highest possible term on the bombing happened yesterday in front of Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Cotabato City at around 8:40am wounding 52 innocent civilians and 5 others were immediately died after the explosion.

      BCJP STRONGLY:

      CALLING the attention of the Philippine National Police and other security forces of the government to conduct immediate investigation on the causes of the incident squarely and bring this perpetrator/s into justice with due process;

      ENCOURAGING families of those affected civilians to calm down and wait for the result of the investigation to avoid panic and possible religious conflict in the long run;

      CALLING the attention of Philippine National Police and Armed Forces of the Philippines to tighten their security measures not only within the perimeters of Cotabato City but through out the region as we have known bombings is possible to any vulnerable crowded places;

      CALLING the presence of the Bishops, Ulamas and Civil Society Organizations to observe sobriety, intensify unity at this time thru dialogues and consultations;

      CALLING to all civilians through out the regions to be vigilant all the time.

      --
      It is not JUSTICE and PEACE that we need to create;

      But rather we need to remove the obstacles that prevent Justice and Peace from thriving and flowing freely: our work must be to stand with the marginalized, seek out the root causes of Injustice and Violence and then work to remove those root causes.