Current situation in The Thai-Burma border

  • Saw Mort
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2009

      Dear Frineds

      I would like to tell you the situation in my working area not good.  More then 3,400 refugee crossed to Thailand and they are still crossing.  The fighting between SPDC Burmese military their ally DKBA launched KNU especially 7 brigade area.  The reason was SPDC and DKBA forced the villager to join the military under DKBA control.

      Now the Burmese military regime change DKBA and other Karen cease fire group to Border Guard Force.  So the Burmese military ordered DKBA to take control KNU/ KNLA 7th brigade head quarter.

      People are fleeing from a new military offensive in Karen State, Burma. They run with their families, carrying only a few personal belongings, fearing for their lives. Some are hiding in Burma, while others have fled across the river into Thailand. They are camped in the rain on the banks of the river, with no proper shelter, and little food.

      Food, shelter, clothing and medical care are urgently needed. It is the rainy season and people do not have proper shelter in heavy rain.

      Especially children and old people faced the problem.  I just let you know and hope you can do something

      http://www.khrg.org/khrg2009/khrg09b6.html

      http://www.freeburmarangers.org/Reports/2009/20090605.html

      http://www.irrawaddy.org/highlight.php?art_id=15856

      Peace