CJPA WORKING COMMITTEE

    Message 1 of 9 , May 15 12:49 AM
      Friends:

      At our last CJPA workshop in Nepal some decisions were made about the on-going activities of CJPA.  I am sorry I haven't taken any action on this yet.  However, now it is time to do so.

      One very important recommendation of the workshop was that a permanent CJPA committee should be established.  The committee would have 5 members.  Each member would serve for five years but initially a system would be set up where one committee member would be changed each year.  Those would mean that each year one committee member would leave and a new committee member join.  This would give the committee both stability and constant change.  Also, the committee members should all come from different countries so we have as broad participation as possible.

      The responsibilities of the committee would be to coordinate CJPA activities, do planning, disseminate information and elegate tasks.  They would also help with fund raising.

      Several people have indicated interest in being a member of this committee.  Now I would like your help in identifying the remainder.

      1.  Jahan Ara from India is willing to be one of the members.

      2.  Several people from Nepal also expressed interest.  I urge all friends in Nepal to discuss together and select one person to represent Nepal on the committee.

      3.  We need three more members.  I hope we will get volunteers from other countries.  Please discuss with your national colleagues and suggest one name for a committee member.

      Once the committee is established, I will discuss with them how we might work together to help move the work of CJPA forward.

      "But what will the lessons from the war in Viet Nam be?"
      "They will be whatever makes us think well of ourselves.  So that our sleep will be untroubled." - Ward Just in "The American Blues"
    • Elly Zarni
      Message 2 of 9 , May 15 1:34 AM
        thanks Max
        i will discus with friends here..in Indonesia..then i will let you know...

[...]

      • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
        Message 3 of 9 , May 15 4:41 AM
          Dear Max,

          this is good development, I am very much willing to offer myself in the committee.

          regards..

          Bobby

          Abdulbasit R. Benito
          Executive Director
          Bangsamoro Center for Justpeace in the Phil's. Inc.
          B C J P
          Int. 003-c, Don S. Sero Street
          Rosary Heights 4
          Cotabato City
          Philippines
          Tel. N o. (064) 390 2726

          Message 4 of 9 , May 15 4:56 AM
            Dear Max,

            as what bobby said, this is very good development. i do willing my self in the comitte too.
            and i am sorry for didn't attend the last workshop in Nepal.

            Best from Aceh,.
            Raihana

            --
            "To accomplish great things
            we must not only act but also dream.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 18 11:22 PM
                Dear friends,
                Greeting from Nepal . I am very interested to be a member of CJPA in Asia .
                If i am not work welly to be a member you can raise the question and can give me the feed back .

                Dear max,
                I am also interested in that post of CJPA . I already said to you in Nepal . I assure that i can do that responbility .

                bibek

                From: Max Ediger <ediger.max@...>
                To: "cjpa" <justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 12:49 AM

                Friends:

[...]

              • shreeram chaudhary
                Message 7 of 9 , May 18 11:55 PM
                  Dear friends
                  Namaste,
                  I really appriciate Bibek's interest and request to friends from Nepal that we should give him oppertunity to provide volenteer service for justpeace campaign in Asia.
                  Withbest
                  Shreeram
                  Nepal

                  From: Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com>
                  To: "cjpa" <justpeaceinasia@ yahoogroups. com>
                  Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 12:49 AM

                  Friends:

[...]

                  New Email names for you!
                  Hurry before someone else does!
                • Bal Krishna Maharjan
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 19 9:49 PM
                  • Amrit Manandhar
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 19 11:39 PM
                      Dear Max,

                      Hi!

                      Thanks for the email. I appreciate your decision to form the CJPA working committee. To be honest, things were not moving as it should have been. It was a lackluster performance of the CJPA, I would say, since the last meeting in Kathmandu.

                      I would not claim the membership at the CJPA working committee, if some other person from our country, who is willing to work for the good of the CJPA, offers for this position. I give him/her the opportunity to work for the best interest of the CJPA.

                      But, I would always remain as a part of the CJPA and work for its best interest, no matter in what capacity.  Congratulations in advance for new committee members!

                      All the best, guys!

                      Amrit Manandhar