Re: [justpeaceinasia] from Aceh

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2009
      Thanks for sharing.  I do hope the transition from conflict to democracy will move forward.  I'm sure it will take time and patience, but at least it must be moving forward.  Keep your energy levels high and your hopes strong.......max

      On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:55 PM, raihana diani <raihana.diani@...> wrote:

      Dear All..

      We just finish our election for legislatif 3 weeks ago.
      there was to many intimidation and money politic did by the political parties.
      And the winner is Partai Aceh. Partai Aceh is the local political party came from Free Aceh movement.  most of they are member is ex combatan.
      Now, they get 36 seat from 69 seat in Aceh parliament.

      From 6 local political party in Aceh, just Partai Aceh who get the seat in Parliament.
      now, we still in the transition of conflict and democracy.

      Best,
      Raihana

      --
      "To accomplish great things
      we must not only act but also dream.

      --
      "But what will the lessons from the war in Viet Nam be?"
      "They will be whatever makes us think well of ourselves.  So that our sleep will be untroubled." - Ward Just in "The American Blues"