Re: [justpeaceinasia] greetings

  • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2008

      Arm Forces of the Philippines forcing air strikes victims to sign waiver

      Troops of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) were forcing the victims of the recent terroristic air strikes in villages of Datu Saudi Ampatuan and Mamasapano, Maguindanao to sign a waiver. Four innocent civilians were brutally wounded and one was killed by the deliberate indiscriminate air strikes of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in some barangays of Datu Saudi Ampatuan and Mamasapano, Maguindanao last November 18, 2008.

      Sindak Ismael, 30 years old, was killed during the air strike while Haja Bai Masla Zangkala, 45 years old, Haja Apisa Ibrahim, 47 years old, Rudy Kamsa, 23 years old and Fatima Kamsa, 12 years old elementary pupil were wounded.

      On November 19, 2008, the ABS-CBN Central Mindanao broadcasted the incident with interviews to the victims, who said they were hit by the air strikes by the AFP.

      On November 20, 2008, according to the relatives of the victims, some AFP soldiers visited the victims being confined at Maguindanao Provincial Hospital and asked them to sign a waiver that they were not hit by air strikes of the AFP but by stray bullets from the MILF fighters.

      But the relatives of the victims who requested not to be identified told Luwaran that there was no ground skirmishes between the government and MILF forces when the war planes of the AFP were bombarding them.

      He also said that there was no fighting because the people were busy attending to the activities of the International committee of the Red Cross related to humanitarian assistance.

      Nonetheless, any waiver, perhaps, could not deconstruct the interviews on the victims shown during the TV news report by the ABS-CBN a day prior to the attempt of the AFP soldiers to make the victims sign a waiver.

      The air killer air strikes by the AFP was conducted a day after the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) State of the Regional Address (SORA) was delivered by honorable Regional Governor Datu Zaldy Puti Uy Ampatuan.

      Several appeals were made to Regional Governor Ampatuan to help the victims get justice from the military atrocities against innocent civilians.

      Governor Ampatuan had recently called on both the government and the MILF to return to the negotiating table.

      Last September 8, 2008, eight (8) civilians mostly children were also killed by the air strikes by the AFO in Barangay Tee, Datu Piang, Maguindanao. There was also no actual fighting on the ground when the AFP fired their air bombs that killed these civilians. Unfortunately, the AFP hierarchy, after its investigation on the case, said there was no crime committed by the AFP soldiers when they killed these innocent civilians.

      However, the Commission on Human Rights investigation said otherwise, saying there was no fighting on the ground and the victims were innocent civilians.

      In the more than four months indiscriminate military operations by the AFP against the MILF in Maguindanao, more or less, 100 innocent civilians were either killed or wounded by the deliberate indiscriminate air and artillery strikes by the AFP.

      ABDULBASIT R.  BENITO
      Executive Director
      Bangsamoro Center for JustPeace Inc.
      BCJP