Re: [justpeaceinasia] Committee

  • raihana diani
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
      Dear Max, and All

      i am available for volunteer. if there is still needed for that.

      Best from Aceh
      Raihan

      --
      "To accomplish great things
      we must not only act but also dream.
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
        This is great.  I think we will have an excellent team to help plan this retreat.  The team now includes Jahan Ara, Jerome, Bobby, Yam, Raihana and myself.  If other wish to help we can always accept other volunteers.

        I will compile the suggestions I have received concerning possible themes for the workshop and send it to the organizing committee.  You can discuss among yourselves how you want to organize the time.

        As I suggested earlier, November might be a good time.  I understand that there will be a large conference on peace held in Kathmandu in November so perhaps some of us could attend that as well.  If we wish to do so, we could arrange our workshop around the same time.  I will try to look for the dates of the conference and let you know.

        let us keep in touch with our creative ideas.......max

        --
        "To accomplish great things
        we must not only act but also dream.
        Not only plan  but also believe"

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:justpeaceinasia-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:justpeaceinasia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
        Jimi Hendrix
        I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
        —Stephen Jay Gould

        Visit the following websites:
        daga.n3.net/justpeace
        daga.n3.net/icp
        daga.n3.net/max
      • jerome deporres
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008

          Dear Max and all other friends,

          Its nice that we have a good team now and Im sure that this team will organize a succesful workshop. As Max said, it would be good if we can organize our workshop arround the dates of that international event.

          --

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/justpeacei nasia/join
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:justpeaceinasia- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
             mailto:justpeaceinasia- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

             http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          --
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
          Jimi Hendrix
          I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
          —Stephen Jay Gould

          Visit the following websites:
          daga.n3.net/ justpeace
          daga.n3.net/ icp
          daga.n3.net/ max

          Not happy with your email address?
          Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
        • vashum
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
            Dear Max and all
            Greeting fdrom Nagalim. After a long time. I have been engaged for some local peace building in web of conflict we are in. though there is cease fire between NSCN and the GOI still there is low density conflict and also internal conflcit.

            About the meet in nepal it will be good for other also to get experiences of nepal transitional politic that is on there and surely will help us understand fro ml;arger perspective.
            i will keep intouch if any i could do

            regards
            vashum

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
              Thanks for writing.  It is good to hear from you again and I do hope we will have opportunity to meet so we can learn more about the issues in Nagalim and your work.

              max

              --
[...]

            • JahanAra
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 15, 2008

                Dear Max

                This is a good start. We can have the different components and compile them and start working on it.

                November will be an ideal month to have the conference, since by then Ramadan also ends and the festival season also ends.

                Peace

                jahan ara