Re: [justpeaceinasia] greetings friends

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008
      Thanks Jerome.  Thgis is helpful.  For date, i need to do it toward the end of this year.  my schedule is pretty full.  Also friends, would some of you volunteer to do the planning for this workshop?  Yam should be involved as we will hold it in Nepal, but we need several others to help with things.  Any volunteers?
      max

      On 7/7/08, jerome deporres <deporresjerome@...> wrote:

      Dear Yam and others, its a nice theme.

      I also have my suggestions.

      01. Our Stories - Our Hopes

      02. Our Stories - Our Hopes in Peace building

      If i elaborate the theme abit, here we talk about our effords, experiences and stories of building peace in our own countries and also our future stratergies, directions and expectations to build peace.

      So friends, Im waiting for your comments. Also are we proposing any dates for the workshop? pls let me know.

      Thanks

      Jerome

      P Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

      From: Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com>
      Subject: [justpeaceinasia] greetings friends
      To: "cjpa" <justpeaceinasia@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Wednesday, 4 June, 2008, 7:59 AM

      I hope you are all doing well in your work.

      As we are now in 2008, we need to begin thinking about what we can/should do as the Center for Justpeace in Asia this year.  There are several possibilities that come to my mind.
      1.  Hold a work shop in Nepal (as we planned last year).  This will give us an opportunity to learn about the significant changes taking place in Nepal.  These changes are amazing and we can learn much from them.
      2.  Do some kind of followup on past activities - i.e. the Justpeace for Children and Youth workshop and the Indigenous Spirituality workshop.  Both need some good followup which I can not do alone.
      3.  Your ideas????

      Let's do some thinking together on this.

      peace......max

      --
      War will only be stopped when the conscience of mankind  has become sufficiently elevated to recognize the undisputed supremacy of the Law of Love in all the walks of life. Some say this will never come to pass. I shall retain the faith till the end of my earthly existence that it shall come to pass. - Mahatma Gandhi

      Visit the following websites:
      daga.n3.net/ justpeace
      daga.n3.net/ icp
      daga.n3.net/ max

      Not happy with your email address?

      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
      Jimi Hendrix
      I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
      —Stephen Jay Gould

      Visit the following websites:
      daga.n3.net/justpeace
      daga.n3.net/icp
      daga.n3.net/max
    • JahanAra
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

        Dear Max

        In the planning if u need any help do let me know. i shall be willing to help u .

        Peace

        jahan ara

        ____________ _________

[...]

        Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.
      • jerome deporres
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008
          Dear Max and other friends, for the planning committee we have me, Jahan and Yam for the moment. let others also show their willingness to be in the committee and then we can form an active organizing committee for the workshop.

[...]

          Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
        • JahanAra
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

            Dear Max and Jerome

            This is a good idea to form a committee and then plan what the workshop will be like.the committee can lok into the them, concept, logistics and other deatils  of the workshop.

            Peace

            jahan ara

            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

              Thanks Jahan, it would be good if other members also contribute their ideas ASAP

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

[...]

                • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                    Dear Friends,

                    Salam!

                    please Just let me know of what aspect can I offer my help in the workshop planning.

                    Many thanks and praying for the success of this workshop.

                    BOBBY

                    ABDULBASIT R.  BENITO
                    Executive Director
                    Bangsamoro Center for JustPeace Inc.
                    BCJP
                    Int. C 2, Don E. Sero Street
                    Rosary Heights IV
                    Cotabato City. Philippines

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                        Dear Max, and All

                        i am available for volunteer. if there is still needed for that.

                        Best from Aceh
                        Raihan

                        --
                        "To accomplish great things
                        we must not only act but also dream.
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                          This is great.  I think we will have an excellent team to help plan this retreat.  The team now includes Jahan Ara, Jerome, Bobby, Yam, Raihana and myself.  If other wish to help we can always accept other volunteers.

                          I will compile the suggestions I have received concerning possible themes for the workshop and send it to the organizing committee.  You can discuss among yourselves how you want to organize the time.

                          As I suggested earlier, November might be a good time.  I understand that there will be a large conference on peace held in Kathmandu in November so perhaps some of us could attend that as well.  If we wish to do so, we could arrange our workshop around the same time.  I will try to look for the dates of the conference and let you know.

                          let us keep in touch with our creative ideas.......max

                          --
                          "To accomplish great things
                          we must not only act but also dream.
                          Not only plan  but also believe"

                          <*> Your email settings:
                             Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                             (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:
                             mailto:justpeaceinasia-digest@yahoogroups.com
                             mailto:justpeaceinasia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008

                            Dear Max and all other friends,

                            Its nice that we have a good team now and Im sure that this team will organize a succesful workshop. As Max said, it would be good if we can organize our workshop arround the dates of that international event.

                            --

                               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/justpeacei nasia/join
                               (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                               mailto:justpeaceinasia- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                               mailto:justpeaceinasia- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                               http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                            --
                            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
                            Jimi Hendrix
                            I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
                            —Stephen Jay Gould

                            Visit the following websites:
                            daga.n3.net/ justpeace
                            daga.n3.net/ icp
                            daga.n3.net/ max

                            Not happy with your email address?
                            Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
                          • vashum
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
                              Dear Max and all
                              Greeting fdrom Nagalim. After a long time. I have been engaged for some local peace building in web of conflict we are in. though there is cease fire between NSCN and the GOI still there is low density conflict and also internal conflcit.

                              About the meet in nepal it will be good for other also to get experiences of nepal transitional politic that is on there and surely will help us understand fro ml;arger perspective.
                              i will keep intouch if any i could do

                              regards
                              vashum

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
                                Thanks for writing.  It is good to hear from you again and I do hope we will have opportunity to meet so we can learn more about the issues in Nagalim and your work.

                                max

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 15, 2008

                                  Dear Max

                                  This is a good start. We can have the different components and compile them and start working on it.

                                  November will be an ideal month to have the conference, since by then Ramadan also ends and the festival season also ends.

                                  Peace

                                  jahan ara