Re: [justpeaceinasia] greetings friends

  • Yam Bahadur Kisan
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2008

      Dear Max and other peace friends

      Greetings from Nepal !

      As per the concern of the workshop of Justpeace in Asia. I think it will be better to conduct in Nepal on the topics  Experience of Peace Building Process in Nepal or Asia like that. Anyway lets disscuss about it for further progress.

      Peace

      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
      Email : ybkisan@...

      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

        Dear Yam and others, its a nice theme.

        I also have my suggestions.

        01. Our Stories - Our Hopes

        02. Our Stories - Our Hopes in Peace building

        If i elaborate the theme abit, here we talk about our effords, experiences and stories of building peace in our own countries and also our future stratergies, directions and expectations to build peace.

        So friends, Im waiting for your comments. Also are we proposing any dates for the workshop? pls let me know.

        Thanks

        Jerome

        P Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary.

        As per the concern of the workshop of Justpeace in Asia. I think it will be better to conduct in Nepal on the topics  Experience of Peace Building Process in Nepal or Asia like that. Anyway lets disscuss about it for further progress.

        Peace

        Yam

        ____________ _________

        --
        War will only be stopped when the conscience of mankind  has become sufficiently elevated to recognize the undisputed supremacy of the Law of Love in all the walks of life. Some say this will never come to pass. I shall retain the faith till the end of my earthly existence that it shall come to pass. - Mahatma Gandhi

        Visit the following websites:
        daga.n3.net/ justpeace
        daga.n3.net/ icp
        daga.n3.net/ max

        Not happy with your email address?
        Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!

[...]

          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
          Jimi Hendrix
          I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
          —Stephen Jay Gould

          Visit the following websites:
          daga.n3.net/justpeace
          daga.n3.net/icp
          daga.n3.net/max
        • JahanAra
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

            Dear Max

            In the planning if u need any help do let me know. i shall be willing to help u .

            Peace

            jahan ara

[...]

            Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.
          • jerome deporres
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008
              Dear Max and other friends, for the planning committee we have me, Jahan and Yam for the moment. let others also show their willingness to be in the committee and then we can form an active organizing committee for the workshop.

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

                Dear Max and Jerome

                This is a good idea to form a committee and then plan what the workshop will be like.the committee can lok into the them, concept, logistics and other deatils  of the workshop.

                Peace

                jahan ara

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

                  Thanks Jahan, it would be good if other members also contribute their ideas ASAP

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 7, 2008

[...]

                    • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                        Dear Friends,

                        Salam!

                        please Just let me know of what aspect can I offer my help in the workshop planning.

                        Many thanks and praying for the success of this workshop.

                        BOBBY

                        ABDULBASIT R.  BENITO
                        Executive Director
                        Bangsamoro Center for JustPeace Inc.
                        BCJP
                        Int. C 2, Don E. Sero Street
                        Rosary Heights IV
                        Cotabato City. Philippines

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                            Dear Max, and All

                            i am available for volunteer. if there is still needed for that.

                            Best from Aceh
                            Raihan

                            --
                            "To accomplish great things
                            we must not only act but also dream.
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008
                              This is great.  I think we will have an excellent team to help plan this retreat.  The team now includes Jahan Ara, Jerome, Bobby, Yam, Raihana and myself.  If other wish to help we can always accept other volunteers.

                              I will compile the suggestions I have received concerning possible themes for the workshop and send it to the organizing committee.  You can discuss among yourselves how you want to organize the time.

                              As I suggested earlier, November might be a good time.  I understand that there will be a large conference on peace held in Kathmandu in November so perhaps some of us could attend that as well.  If we wish to do so, we could arrange our workshop around the same time.  I will try to look for the dates of the conference and let you know.

                              let us keep in touch with our creative ideas.......max

                              --
                              "To accomplish great things
                              we must not only act but also dream.
                              Not only plan  but also believe"

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                 Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                 (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                 mailto:justpeaceinasia-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                 mailto:justpeaceinasia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 8, 2008

                                Dear Max and all other friends,

                                Its nice that we have a good team now and Im sure that this team will organize a succesful workshop. As Max said, it would be good if we can organize our workshop arround the dates of that international event.

                                --

                                   http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/justpeacei nasia/join
                                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                                <*> To change settings via email:
                                   mailto:justpeaceinasia- digest@yahoogrou ps.com
                                   mailto:justpeaceinasia- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

                                   http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                                --
                                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
                                Jimi Hendrix
                                I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
                                —Stephen Jay Gould

                                Visit the following websites:
                                daga.n3.net/ justpeace
                                daga.n3.net/ icp
                                daga.n3.net/ max

                                Not happy with your email address?
                                Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!
                              • vashum
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
                                  Dear Max and all
                                  Greeting fdrom Nagalim. After a long time. I have been engaged for some local peace building in web of conflict we are in. though there is cease fire between NSCN and the GOI still there is low density conflict and also internal conflcit.

                                  About the meet in nepal it will be good for other also to get experiences of nepal transitional politic that is on there and surely will help us understand fro ml;arger perspective.
                                  i will keep intouch if any i could do

                                  regards
                                  vashum

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 9, 2008
                                    Thanks for writing.  It is good to hear from you again and I do hope we will have opportunity to meet so we can learn more about the issues in Nagalim and your work.

                                    max

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 15, 2008

                                      Dear Max

                                      This is a good start. We can have the different components and compile them and start working on it.

                                      November will be an ideal month to have the conference, since by then Ramadan also ends and the festival season also ends.

                                      Peace

                                      jahan ara