Re: [justpeaceinasia] I Appointed on NDC

  • Center for JustPeace in Phil.
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 16, 2007
      MILF appreciates Rep. Lagdameo’s call on media

      News
      August 15, 2007

                 The
      Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) has welcomed with deep appreciation the view expressed by Congressman Antonio Floirendo-Lagdameo (Lakas- Davao del Sur) calling on the media to stop using religious affiliation as tag to characterize groups fighting the government in Mindanao. Khaled Musa, deputy chairman of the MILF Committee on Information, told Luwaran in an interview that such view is not common among Filipino legislators, many of whom want the problem in Mindanao settled through the use of force.

                  “This is a simple gesture but means a lot of difference in our life,” he commented.

                  Lagdameo was reacting to several local and international news reports of the fighting between Philippine government forces and what media terms as “Muslim” rebels in the various areas in
      Mindanao.

                  “We already know that the members of the MILF and MNLF are Muslims, but must media constantly harp on this fact? This practice plays on the religious aspect of the conflict and makes it harder for those involved in the community to find a solution,” he added.

                  He added that the differences between both sides stem “more from the numerous social, economic and political problems in the country than those imagined religious overtones that some media people insist in playing up.”

                  “Mindanao has so much to offer and if we just focus on building on these potentials I am sure we can settle this conflict once and for all. What all Mindanaoans want is just to be able to have the opportunity to live in peace and be productive within our own communities. We hope that the media can be our partner in this cause,” the lawmaker said further.

                  The lawmaker’s views were also endorsed by William Banzali of the Center For Just Peace, a Mindanao-based multi-sectoral peace advocacy group, saying: “We agree with Rep. Lagdameo when he says that the on-going conflict between the government and certain sectors of the community in
      Mindanao is more of a socio-economic and political problem. We hope the media will also start seeing it for what it is, instead of making it worse by injecting religion.”

      pramoth doss <pramothielc@...> wrote:
      Greetings in the name of our lord and saviour and
      liberator jesus christ and ind
      ian social liberator
      Dr. Ambedkar.
      this is the god's ministry. I hope god utilise u as
      his instrument to liberate the nepal downtroden
      dalits. bible says .Lord has put down the mighty from
      their thrones (gyanendra) . and exalted the lowly ;
      He has filled the hungry with good things,
      Luke,1;52-53.
      I pray and wish u on this position.
      Pray also my ministry and legal studies.
      by pramoth.india
      --- Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@yahoo. com> wrote:

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > Greetings from Nepal !
      >
      > Recently the government of Nepal appointed me as a
      > hon'ble member of National Dalit Commission of
      > Nepal. And I started my job since 21 of July.
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Yam Kisan
      >

      > ____________ _________
      > Mr. Yam Bahadur Kisan
      > M.A., B.L. (Tribhuwan University, Nepal)
      > Advocate, Supreme Court of Nepal
      > Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
      > P.O.Box No : 21066
      > Kathmandu, Nepal
      > Phone : 0097712021175
      > 009779841320726
      > Email : ybkisan@yahoo. com

      > http://uk.messenger .yahoo.com

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger .yahoo.com/ webmessengerprom o.php/

      THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
      Bangsamoro Center for JustPeace in the Phil's. Inc.
      B C J P