Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

  • jerome deporres
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007

      Congratulations Yam Kisan.....

      Jerome

      Sri Lanka

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Ekkarin Tuansiri <leemor-or@...>
      To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 22 June, 2007 3:24:33 PM
      Subject: RE: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

      Good news
      i so very happy

      Lee / Thailand

      To: justpeaceinasia@ yahoogroups. com
      From: centerforjustpeace@ yahoo.com
      Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:36:18 -0700

      Dear Yam, Praise be to God! Its great! I hope and pray that our government will have this kind of approach for the marginalize sectors of socviety. Congratulations!  BOBBY BENITO

      Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com> wrote:
      Dear Yam:  Thanks for sharing the good news.  We really need to hear good news as it lifts our spirits and gives us more energy.  I look forward to any updates about this move toward a more participatory democracy.

      On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@yahoo. com> wrote:
      Dear friends
      Greetings from Nepal !

      I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

      Yam Kisan
      Nepal

      ____________ _________
      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

      When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister? "  (ECAPC)

      Visit the following websites:
      daga.n3.net/ justpeace
      daga.n3.net/ icp
      daga.n3.net/ max

      Coordinator
      BCJP

      Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!

    • Yam Bahadur Kisan
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 28, 2007
        Dear Goldy

        Thanks for mail. Now, in Nepal, raising the discourse about the affirmative action and reservation and I have been writing article/book on this issue. So, please, if you have some electronic matters on Indian experience of reservation send me. We the Nepali Dalit, first time going to stepping this new things. So I need your help. Because in Nepal always of Non-Dalit and some Dalit even have negative perspective about indian experience of reservation.

        You can recommend me some other references and resources like wesite also.

        Be well !

        Yam

        Goldy George <goldymgeorge@...> wrote:
        Dear Yam:
        It is a great news and congratulations for the big acheivement after a long standing struggles for Dalit rights to reservation. The current 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly needs to be properly utilized in order to attain the possible social and political ends leading to the larger question of Dalits Ethnics and Women.

        All the best wishes from the Dalit communities and movements in India.

        With Revolutionary Jai Bhim!

        Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
        Email : ybkisan@...