RE: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

  • Ahmad Al Azzeh
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007

      Congratulations

      Ahmad from Palestine

      From: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Yam Bahadur Kisan
      Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 6:28 AM
      To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

      Dear friends

      Greetings from Nepal !

      I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal .

      Yam Kisan

      Nepal

      ____________ _________

      Mr. Yam Bahadur Kisan

      M.A., B.L. ( Tribhuwan University , Nepal )

      Advocate, Supreme Court of Nepal

      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

      P.O.Box No :! 21066

    • Ekkarin Tuansiri
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007
        Good news
        i so very happy

        Lee / Thailand

        To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
        From: centerforjustpeace@...
        Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:36:18 -0700
        Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

        Dear Yam, Praise be to God! Its great! I hope and pray that our government will have this kind of approach for the marginalize sectors of socviety. Congratulations!  BOBBY BENITO

        Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com> wrote:
        Dear Yam:  Thanks for sharing the good news.  We really need to hear good news as it lifts our spirits and gives us more energy.  I look forward to any updates about this move toward a more participatory democracy.

        On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@yahoo. com> wrote:
        Dear friends
        Greetings from Nepal !

        I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

        Yam Kisan
        Nepal

        ____________ _________
        Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

        When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister? "  (ECAPC)

        Visit the following websites:
        daga.n3.net/ justpeace
        daga.n3.net/ icp
        daga.n3.net/ max

        Coordinator
        BCJP

        Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
      • jerome deporres
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007

          Congratulations Yam Kisan.....

          Jerome

          Sri Lanka

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 28, 2007
            Dear Goldy

            Thanks for mail. Now, in Nepal, raising the discourse about the affirmative action and reservation and I have been writing article/book on this issue. So, please, if you have some electronic matters on Indian experience of reservation send me. We the Nepali Dalit, first time going to stepping this new things. So I need your help. Because in Nepal always of Non-Dalit and some Dalit even have negative perspective about indian experience of reservation.

            You can recommend me some other references and resources like wesite also.

            Be well !

            Yam

            Goldy George <goldymgeorge@...> wrote:
            Dear Yam:
            It is a great news and congratulations for the big acheivement after a long standing struggles for Dalit rights to reservation. The current 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly needs to be properly utilized in order to attain the possible social and political ends leading to the larger question of Dalits Ethnics and Women.

            All the best wishes from the Dalit communities and movements in India.

            With Revolutionary Jai Bhim!

            Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
            Email : ybkisan@...