Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 20 9:39 PM
      Dear Yam:  Thanks for sharing the good news.  We really need to hear good news as it lifts our spirits and gives us more energy.  I look forward to any updates about this move toward a more participatory democracy.

      On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@...> wrote:

      Dear friends
      Greetings from Nepal !

      I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

      Yam Kisan

      Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
      Email : ybkisan@...

      When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister?"  (ECAPC)

      Visit the following websites:
      daga.n3.net/justpeace
      daga.n3.net/icp
      daga.n3.net/max
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 21 5:13 AM
        Dear Yam:
        It is a great news and congratulations for the big acheivement after a long standing struggles for Dalit rights to reservation. The current 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly needs to be properly utilized in order to attain the possible social and political ends leading to the larger question of Dalits Ethnics and Women.

        All the best wishes from the Dalit communities and movements in India.

        With Revolutionary Jai Bhim!

      • centerforjustpeace in mindanao
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 21 7:36 PM
          Dear Yam, Praise be to God! Its great! I hope and pray that our government will have this kind of approach for the marginalize sectors of socviety. Congratulations!  BOBBY BENITO

          On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@yahoo. com> wrote:
          Dear friends
          Greetings from Nepal !

          I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

          Yam Kisan
          Nepal

          ____________ _________
          Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

          When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister? "  (ECAPC)

          Visit the following websites:
          daga.n3.net/ justpeace
          daga.n3.net/ icp
          daga.n3.net/ max

          Coordinator
          BCJP

        • Ahmad Al Azzeh
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 22 2:47 AM

            Congratulations

            Ahmad from Palestine

            I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal .

            Yam Kisan

            Nepal

            ____________ _________

            Mr. Yam Bahadur Kisan

            M.A., B.L. ( Tribhuwan University , Nepal )

            Advocate, Supreme Court of Nepal

            Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

            P.O.Box No :! 21066

          • Ekkarin Tuansiri
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 22 2:54 AM
              Good news
              i so very happy

              Lee / Thailand

              To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
              From: centerforjustpeace@...
              Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:36:18 -0700
              Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

              Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

              Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
            • jerome deporres
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 22 3:00 AM

                Congratulations Yam Kisan.....

                Jerome

                Sri Lanka

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 28 1:42 AM
                  Dear Goldy

                  Thanks for mail. Now, in Nepal, raising the discourse about the affirmative action and reservation and I have been writing article/book on this issue. So, please, if you have some electronic matters on Indian experience of reservation send me. We the Nepali Dalit, first time going to stepping this new things. So I need your help. Because in Nepal always of Non-Dalit and some Dalit even have negative perspective about indian experience of reservation.

                  You can recommend me some other references and resources like wesite also.

                  Be well !

                  Yam