Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

  • 이재영
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 20, 2007

      Hi Yam Kisan

      I am very happy to hear the news from Nepal.
      I hope this change will bring more equality and justice in Nepal society.

      With best wishes....

      샬롬 (Shalom)
      이재영 (Jae Young Lee)

      평화부 담당 간사 (Peace Program Director)
      한국 아나뱁티스트 센터 (02-554-9615)
      Korea Anabaptist Center (www.kac.or.kr)

      부원장 (Vice-President)
      커넥서스 어학원 (02-501-3224)
      Connexus Language Institute (www.connexus.co.kr)
      "Let's Dream Impossible Dreams!"
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 20, 2007
        Dear Yam:  Thanks for sharing the good news.  We really need to hear good news as it lifts our spirits and gives us more energy.  I look forward to any updates about this move toward a more participatory democracy.

        On 6/21/07, Yam Bahadur Kisan <ybkisan@...> wrote:

        Dear friends
        Greetings from Nepal !

        I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal.

        Yam Kisan

        Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist
        Email : ybkisan@...

        When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister?"  (ECAPC)

        Visit the following websites:
        daga.n3.net/justpeace
        daga.n3.net/icp
        daga.n3.net/max
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 21, 2007
          Dear Yam:
          It is a great news and congratulations for the big acheivement after a long standing struggles for Dalit rights to reservation. The current 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly needs to be properly utilized in order to attain the possible social and political ends leading to the larger question of Dalits Ethnics and Women.

          All the best wishes from the Dalit communities and movements in India.

          With Revolutionary Jai Bhim!

        • centerforjustpeace in mindanao
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 21, 2007
            Dear Yam, Praise be to God! Its great! I hope and pray that our government will have this kind of approach for the marginalize sectors of socviety. Congratulations!  BOBBY BENITO

            ____________ _________
            Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

            When a person is killed, the question to the one who killed is not "Where is your enemy?"  It is always, "Where is your brother/sister? "  (ECAPC)

            Visit the following websites:
            daga.n3.net/ justpeace
            daga.n3.net/ icp
            daga.n3.net/ max

            Coordinator
            BCJP

          • Ahmad Al Azzeh
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007

              Congratulations

              Ahmad from Palestine

              I have a good news. The Government of Nepal, recently (14 June) decided to provide 13 percent seats for Dalits, 37 percent seats for ethnic groups and 50 percent seats for women in constituent assembly. The all provide seats are proportional. So it the great achievement for the Nepali Dalit, ethnic groups and woment in Nepal .

              Yam Kisan

              Nepal

              ____________ _________

              Mr. Yam Bahadur Kisan

              M.A., B.L. ( Tribhuwan University , Nepal )

              Advocate, Supreme Court of Nepal

              Author / Researcher / Human Rights Activist

              P.O.Box No :! 21066

            • Ekkarin Tuansiri
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007
                Good news
                i so very happy

                Lee / Thailand

                To: justpeaceinasia@yahoogroups.com
                From: centerforjustpeace@...
                Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:36:18 -0700
                Subject: Re: [justpeaceinasia] Good News From Nepal

                Max Ediger <ediger.max@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

                Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
              • jerome deporres
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 22, 2007

                  Congratulations Yam Kisan.....

                  Jerome

                  Sri Lanka

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 28, 2007
                    Dear Goldy

                    Thanks for mail. Now, in Nepal, raising the discourse about the affirmative action and reservation and I have been writing article/book on this issue. So, please, if you have some electronic matters on Indian experience of reservation send me. We the Nepali Dalit, first time going to stepping this new things. So I need your help. Because in Nepal always of Non-Dalit and some Dalit even have negative perspective about indian experience of reservation.

                    You can recommend me some other references and resources like wesite also.

                    Be well !

                    Yam